Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 105 of 401 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 4006
    Jeff - great to someone elses Passion Flower shot - today we had around 12 of them out!!! We have the fruit as well now (see previous in this thread).
    Interested to see how the fruit progresses - is it your Passion flower or just one you spotted.??
    BTW - love your series of shots - really enjoyed them - were they taken in France??
    Geoff Chandler. UK/England/Surrey
    NIKON D90 / D80. Nikon 16 - 85 VR, Tamron 28-200,
    Sigma 70-300APO, Tokina 100 AT-X Pro D.
    SB600 flash. Panasonic DMC-TZ25

http://geof777.multiply.com

This passion flower has been shotten at my mother-in-law home. She has about ten of these fruits.

Geoff, thanks for the kind words. I hope to see you back, photographically that is, soon!

Jeff31, your "best of" series is truely amazing.

It is always a question wether to post berries in the leaf or in the flower thread, a case can be made for both. Having recently posted some under leafs, I thought today I'd show some in this thread:
    Gerard Stafleu
    Gallery at http://www.flickr.com/photos/gstafleu

[QUOTE=jeff31]A new compilation of my best shots taken during one week. Hope you like them.

Jeff - these shots are amazing - you are doing a brilliant job. I always look forward to viewing your shots in these forums.
    Val

Canon EOS 20D
    Canon F2.8 100mm Macro, Canon F4 100-400 IS, Sigma 50-500mm, Sigma 70-300mm, Canon 18-55mm, Canon F2.8 50mm
    Canon S2 IS

My Photo Album

Quote Originally Posted by debbie_v
    Arron, do please tell us how you get that black background? Is it your software?
    I took the shot in front of a black clipboard, which turned out a dark shade of grey, which i just darkened in photoshop.

My first contribution

Hello all-

Just found this great forum....
    Here is a contribution using my Canon S410:

Take care,
    Kristy
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thumbs up Wow

Must add my congrats to you Jeff you have posted some pretty amaizing shots in the past but that "best of " series was inspired. So sharp & vibrant lovely lighting. You ought to make them into a callendar, I'm sure it would sell well. Any tips you feel you could pass on as to just how you manage to get that special look in your images would be very helpful.

Great pics everyone.
    Welcome to the forum, kewtpie.
    As usual, your shots look awesome jeff. They blow me away every time

Here my contribution for today:

It's a Malva sylvestris 'Zebrina'.
    Last edited by wall; 08-13-2005 at 11:44 PM.

Hi everyone,

I live in the desert in California and wanted to share my picture with you. We had lots of rain during the winter and spring this year that isn't normal. We're normally really dry here. In all the 5 years of living in the desert I have never seen flowers like this let alone any flowers really. I took this picture back then. I did the best I could with my old Sony Cybershot 1.3MP DSC-P30 digital camera. Hope you enjoy it. I also have a picture of a cactus but I don't think it would belong in this thread, hehe. Take care, ~Mr. Bone88
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Welcom to the forum, Kristy. That is a nice "postcard." At least, that is what it reminds me of with the nice border you made. And I like the highlights you caught on the flowers,

Wall, that is interesting light on the Malva. It is almost fluorescent, very nice.

Today it is time to get impatient, flower-wise that is, with some Impatiens, or Touch-Me-Not, shots. Impatiens is the flower that makes seed pods that "explode" when you touch them, which can be great fun .

I have two types for you, the pink and the yellow Impatiens. We'll start pink, meaning Impatiens glandulifera (Balseminaceae), the Glandular Touch-Me-Not. Here is a shot of the whole plant, next to a river (they like wet ground):

OK, so there are a lot of plants here, but the Impatiens is the one with the pink flowers, in the middle.

Next a close-up that shows the shape of the flower from the front and the side:

As you may notice, it was a rainy day .

Here is another close-up. For some reason it reminds me of a traffic light:

And to end the pink variety, here is a drippy group:

The yellow variety is called the Pale Touch-Me-Not, Impatiens pallida. The plant itself looks a lot like the pink one, but the flowers are, you guessed it, yellow. Here is one sheltering under an umbrella:

This one was also going for the umbrella-trick, but with more limited success:

And to finish one that has basically given up on the whole umbrella idea. The poor thing is wet inside and out (if you look closely you'll see a drop hanging inside the flower):
    Gerard Stafleu
    Gallery at http://www.flickr.com/photos/gstafleu