Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 100 of 400 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 3999
    AN, very nice wildflower shot. It looks a bit like Chicory, but I don't think that's what it is.

Geoff, two very nice ones. That first one is intriguing. I would guess that the triangular purple bit are actually leaves masquerading as flower, while the white bits are the "real" flowers. A great "contraption".

Wombat, that is an excellent visitor shot. Great colors and sharpness. And that for a "lowly" A80!

After studying a flower pot yesterday I thought it time to study a girl today. To be exact, Susan with her Black Eyes. She's quite something:

A bit closer, and her eyes remain very black:

Gerard Stafleu
    Gallery at http://www.flickr.com/photos/gstafleu

Quote Originally Posted by gstafleu
    Wombat, that is an excellent visitor shot. Great colors and sharpness. And that for a "lowly" A80!
    Very kind words - Gerard - and very much appreciated. I have to admit I sometimes feel a little in the minor league comparing my shots with others psoting shots from much higher spec. cameras. I suppose my dream camera would be a Canon S2 IS. However on the bright side, as you spotted, the A80 has a sharp lens and is very accurate on colours. Also, I do not think I have really reached its and my full potential yet.

Here is an agapanthus flower head. Canon A80 handheld, macro mode, F/5.0, 1/500s, exposure compensation -1 [and it was a cloudy day]

regards
    Wombat
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Wombat
    Very kind words - Gerard - and very much appreciated. I have to admit I sometimes feel a little in the minor league comparing my shots with others psoting shots from much higher spec. cameras. I suppose my dream camera would be a Canon S2 IS. However on the bright side, as you spotted, the A80 has a sharp lens and is very accurate on colours. Also, I do not think I have really reached its and my full potential yet.

Here is an agapanthus flower head. Canon A80 handheld, macro mode, F/5.0, 1/500s, exposure compensation -1 [and it was a cloudy day]

regards
    Wombat
    Wombat - that's a great Agapanthus shot. It's in fuller bloom than my one was
    - and I love the delicate shade! I also have a lot of respect for the A80 and the similar other cameras.
    Here's a humble offering from my back garden - small flower - macro and slightly cropped.
    A-200, Macro @200mm, ISO50, F5.6 (sharpest area) 1/15th sec with Anti-shake, -0.3ev
    Geoff Chandler. UK/England/Surrey
    NIKON D90 / D80. Nikon 16 - 85 VR, Tamron 28-200,
    Sigma 70-300APO, Tokina 100 AT-X Pro D.
    SB600 flash. Panasonic DMC-TZ25

http://geof777.multiply.com

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Chandler
    Wombat - that's a great Agapanthus shot. It's in fuller bloom than my one was
    - and I love the delicate shade! I also have a lot of respect for the A80 and the similar other cameras.
    Geoff - Nice shot of the dianthus and such a tricky colour. Regarding those discussions we had on the forum about saturated colours - I recently tried using the neutral on the white balance setting and it really does make some of the tricky colours a lot easier to capture without saturation.

Pleased you liked the Agapnthus here is another - almost white but with a subtle violet shading - but not quite in full bloom.

regards
    wombat

Here is another taken in same location as the last one. Again, nothing special, just point and shoot on macro setting.
    Sony DSC-P200
    Maybe I should change my name to
    An Amature Nomad!

abhinav, that's an interesting flower. I take it the thing was leaning over? I ike the contrast between the orange flower and the out-of-focus green grass.

Wombat, these are indeed to very nice Agapanthus shots. Very subtle colors, overcast days are good for that. No doubt, your A80 is doing just fine . Talking about subtle, "agape" is the Greek word for (non-erotic) love, "anthus" is flower, so you've got a quite lovely flower here!

BTW, I noticed you mentioning white balance. I find that setting the white balance to the actual situation (sunny, cloudy etc.), rather than using Auto, gives much better results. Maybe that has something to do with the saturation effect.

Geoff, the reds came out quite nicely. And obviously anti-shake is working, otherwise 1/15 is quite "daring."

My contribution for the day are some garden flowers in the eveing sun, specializing in te pink variety.

First, this is a shrub:

As pink plants go, I think we can call this one "Extreme Pink":

Something that looks a bit like a big pink daisy:

And finally one of which I even know the name, a Rose of Sharon (Hibiscus syriacus):
    Gerard Stafleu
    Gallery at http://www.flickr.com/photos/gstafleu

Wombat - another lovely Agapanthus. I should have taken more of mine when it was in full bloom! Not quite sure what setting you meen by 'neutral' - I use daylight most of the time - as opposed to cloudy , or Auto etc.
    Gerard - really liked yur latest series - excellent exposre and colour.
    American Nomad - glad you have posted another, nice shot. You said just Point and Shoot have
    you tried any different settings etc yet? - keep posting
    Last edited by Geoff Chandler; 08-08-2005 at 03:23 PM.

Close up of the previously posted flowers

Nice Geoff, I like the crispness of your photos.
    Here is one taken shortly after getting my new camera.
    Last edited by American Nomad; 08-05-2005 at 10:46 PM.
    Sony DSC-P200
    Maybe I should change my name to
    An Amature Nomad!