Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 63 of 400 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast
    Nice pics, guys. Keep em coming.

@Wombat - yeah, I probably couldn't have resisted it myself

This one reminded me of something out of alien/sci-fi horror flicks. I call it Attack of the Buds! (insert dramatic music here...)

Panasonic FZ5; F/2.8; 1/400; ISO 80. Tweaked in PS for saturation.

Here is a shot that I got in Kingston, Ontario at the Market Battery.

Shot with FZ20, f2.8, ISO80, 1/80s, -1/3EV, NO TOUCH UPS
    Attached Images Attached Images  

What Great Flower Shots!

I apologize that I have been away from our thread for so long, but I have had to set up a new much smaller laptop computer that I will use for the upcoming Russia contract (we leave on this coming Monday- 06/27). So, everything had tobe transfered over to the new laptop, and it was not the smoothest transition in the world.So I will again be gone from 06/27 through about 07/14.

The photos you have posted are wonderful. Many thanks to pbt1234, gstafleu,wombat (our star poster for this time period), bluedog, geoff, sbnr, wax, baldeagle and his Chick, and boxgirl. We also have some new cameras as well Wall has a new S-2 that has a nice super macro mode, boxgirl has a new Canon A-95 that dies great work.

We have had about 10 days span between the China trip and the Russia trip and we have been as busy as little beavers. Not only did we have the usual turn around chores of laundry etc, but we had a major electrical problem to deal with in the house, had to change the kitchen sink faucet, and move into a new laptop, being sure that we had all of the teaching material correctly transfered and fully operable.

So here is my contribution. It is actually an older photo taken with A Pentax S5i taken about 7 months ago - F 3.5 at 1/20th. It was of a large boquet that I was using to demonstrate close-ups. Its not the greatest close-up, as it lacks a bit of detail due to overexposure, but it served for the demo. I was shooting like crazy in China, but with everything we have had to do, I have not taken but one photo since we arrived home.

Have a great day and many thanks for your great contributions.

Sarah Joyce
    Last edited by speaklightly; 06-22-2005 at 08:00 AM.

A Better Sample!

Hello Again-

Here is a better macro than the one above that I just took with my Fuji F-10. I hope you like it. Its F5.0 at 1/468th. Did you notice the ant in the center of the blossom?

Sarah Joyce

Stripey geranium - a bit over-saturated but never mind.

regards
    Wombat

1 of 3

I notice that RED - red is the one that seems to saturate the worst for most of us here - there was a fabulaous rose bud earlier that was just perfect (not mine!!).
    So here I go again! Firstly to put my little Rose into perspective - I think they call this a Patio Rose as it is a small breed.
    Geoff Chandler. UK/England/Surrey
    NIKON D90 / D80. Nikon 16 - 85 VR, Tamron 28-200,
    Sigma 70-300APO, Tokina 100 AT-X Pro D.
    SB600 flash. Panasonic DMC-TZ25

http://geof777.multiply.com

2 of 3

Ok - so moving in pretty close with the C-740 (@38mm super macro).
    This at 100 asa, f3.2 - 1/200th sec -0.7ev (actually could do with even less exposure).

3 of 3

Finally a similar shot with the A-200. Not a fair comparison by any means - but still interesting to see the differences.
    This one in Macro at 200mm, 50 asa, f5.6, 1/60th sec with antishake, -1.7 ev
    The A-200 tends to slightly more over expose on dark things that's why I used less exposure. Also unfair comparison as they are at different focal length and, therefore used different apperture.
    Anyway - I still think these have slightly over saturated on the highlights - yes it was a very sunny day - but it's usually the Reds that seem to do this the worst
    There you are - another comparison. Anyone else got any comparisons to share??
    Geoff
    Last edited by Geoff Chandler; 06-22-2005 at 02:37 PM.

Interesting about red saturation. I just took this picture of a very red Peonie:

When I saw it I thought, well, that is very red. It was taken in morning light, so that would add some redness. My Pentax *ist DS is set to natural colors, and so far I haven't seen any over saturation. Maybe red is just redder than we think?
    Gerard Stafleu
    Gallery at http://www.flickr.com/photos/gstafleu

Here is something less saturated, a visitor on a yellow flower:
    Gerard Stafleu
    Gallery at http://www.flickr.com/photos/gstafleu