Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 9 of 401 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast
    Geoff-

Thanks for as great looking flower macro. I love the detail in the photo. And an Olympus C-740, that sould show the newbie that it can be done with consumer cameras. Thanks for posting the photo, Geoff.

Sarah Joyce

Here's another from the C-740...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Geoff Chandler. UK/England/Surrey
    NIKON D90 / D80. Nikon 16 - 85 VR, Tamron 28-200,
    Sigma 70-300APO, Tokina 100 AT-X Pro D.
    SB600 flash. Panasonic DMC-TZ25

http://geof777.multiply.com

Lovely shot Geoff the background really sells the flower. Knapweed? has such interesting flowers.

Here's one of a Freesia with my Canon A80 to add to the bouquet. I think it is probably a tad overexposed - think the white might be blown rather than white - hard to tell sometimes - the histogram looks OK'ish. I also found the flower a really awkward shape to compose it being like a hockey stick.

Regards
    Wombat

Wombat - that's an excellent photo of a Freisa! Thanks for sharing it. & Please see if you have some more you can dig out for us!
    Geoff

Question Can someone please identify these two flowers?

All the flowers in this thread are beautiful! Inspired me to take a few shots myself. I was wondering if you flower experts could do a couple of IDs? Taken recently in Southern California, with straight FZ15:

Let a be your umbrella!

Quote Originally Posted by Wombat
    Lovely shot Geoff the background really sells the flower. Knapweed? has such interesting flowers.

Here's one of a Freesia with my Canon A80 to add to the bouquet. I think it is probably a tad overexposed - think the white might be blown rather than white - hard to tell sometimes - the histogram looks OK'ish. I also found the flower a really awkward shape to compose it being like a hockey stick.

Regards
    Wombat
    This is beautiful. Exposed just right and not oversaturated. Dont worry too much about blowing highlights a little as long as the you can get the most of the important parts in good exposure.

These are all fantastic shots, here is my contribution for today. hope you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Wombat

Regards
    Wombat
    I like a lot this one.

Floral Dance

Here's another one of an Anemone with my Canon A80, indoors, natural light, I think with a Hoya +4 filter but not quite sure.

Regards
    Wombat

Does the A-80 lock the zoom in macro? This is a well taken shot - good depth of field as well considering you were indoors! Keep 'em coming, we're really building up a great collection here.