Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 6 of 401 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast
    Thanks Wombat and Geoff for the nice comments.

If all did the same in image quality then I would go for one that offers the most control for the least price.

thanks Speaklightly, it did have a little saturation boost and sharpened up the centre blossom a little in photoshop. So unfortunately i cant take all the credit. I am pleased with it though.

Allan.

Geoff, DiJ, and Allan-

Many thanks for your contributions. They are all great - high detailed with fantastic colors. Let's hope that we can make this an ongoing thread, as we have so many fine flower macro examples.

Sarah Joyce

Talking Macro maniac!

What a cool thread! I bought my new digicam (Olympus C-60) mainly for doing close ups of flowers. I especially like surprising people with the results I can get with this simple little camera.
    Being a professional gardener, I have many opportunities to capture blooms of all sorts, both wild & 'tame'.
    One of my most elusive 'prey' that I managed to capture recently was the wild Calypso orchids that bloomed during a series of Spring storms we had here on the Calif. coast. I found a small 'window of opportunity' between downpours to 'shoot' this wily 'creature'.
    I used my mini tripod, but these orchids are so close to the ground that I mounted the camera sideways & braced the folded-up tripod on the ground to get these shots, so I guess it's sort of semi hand-held. After about an hour & 70+ shots later, I came home muddy, wet & thrilled to have gotten about 10 'keepers' out of the batch.
    I guess this is why some people think photographers are 'kinda nutty' sometimes,huh?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Here's another of a very open tulip. Taken handheld, i do have my new tripod though so i cant wait tto get out and see if my pics improve.

XT/Sigma 18-125mm @ 125mm (hand held)|ISO 100 TV 200 f/9 ... I believe. Was seeing how the camera handled the white in full evening sunlight:

Canon EOS 30D | Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 | Canon 17-40mm f/4L | Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS| Canon 70-200mm f/4L | Canon Speedlite 430EX + Sto-Fen Omni Bounce | Manfrotto 3001BD & 680B/486RC2 | Hoya Super HMC Pro1 Digital Filters | Hitech ND & GND Filters | Bags > Kata R-103 + Lowepro Nova 5 AW

RawShooter | premium 2006 > My PBase Gallery

Digideb, Allan, and Bluedog-

Many thanks for your great contributions. They look great.

Sarah Joyce

Here is my contribution to the flower thread. This was taken with my Canon D60. ISO of 100, using a 30-80 lens, hand-held, on landscape setting. hope you like.

Wow, Oh Wow! Bald Eagle-

Thanks so much for posting that photo. The colors are so dramatic! Wow!

Sarah Joyce

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog
    XT/Sigma 18-125mm @ 125mm (hand held)|ISO 100 TV 200 f/9 ... I believe. Was seeing how the camera handled the white in full evening sunlight:
    Nicely Done! You've got to be loving your new Sigma! I am extremely jealous!