Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Samsung digimax v70

Has anyone tried out one of these or seen any good reviews yet? I purchased one and loved all the features and options but it wasn't working right so I had to return it... I would take a picture and then it would shut off, it kept saying card error, other weird behavior. But on review of the pictures I was able to take they all came out very beautifully, however I didn't have it at the highest setting and it wasn't working well enough to really test out shutter lag and time between shots with flash with both are very important issues for me. Also I hate that the movie is quicktime format, great video but I truly loathe dealing with quicktime, but it seems finding the perfect camera is impossible

Updating Samsung V70 reviews

There are now at least two professional reviews:
    1) the PhotoSIG site (Yahoo Search), and
    2) a Hungarian site.
    http://index.hu/tech/digicam/cikkek/digimaxv70_r/!1

Unfortunately the photos included are limp: they do not show off the strengths (or weaknesses) of V70 very well (meaning no WOW! here), but we are thankful for any pictures! So far there has been no movie clip posted. We only have MPEG-4 from its predecessor, V50 (very acceptable in Steve's Digicam; not so fom DCRP Camera Reviews), and also from V700 (in the samsungcamera.co.uk stabilisation demonstration, the videos are excellent; not so from the one on the Steve's Digicam site).

I have found the recommendation, in playing Samsung MPEG-4 clips, of using VLC Media Player (Yahoo Search) in place of QuickTime player or even Windows Media Player is justified. However, I had to exit completely Net Transport, a download manager, otherwise there would be no picture but audio playback only. This software conflict may also occur with other download managers, e.g. FlashGet (not tested).

I'm still waiting for some more revealing test photos and movie clips from V70.

Gin tonic.
    Last edited by Gin tonic; 07-05-2005 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Omission

ZORAN COATCH 7 and V70

So far there has been no movie clip posted. We only have MPEG-4 from its predecessor, V50 (very acceptable in Steve's Digicam; not so fom DCRP Camera Reviews), and also from V700 (in the samsungcamera.co.uk stabilisation demonstration, the videos are excellent; not so from the one on the Steve's Digicam site).
    you can't compare video from V70 and V700, you can compre V70 with only V50 in video quality, Why?

because V700 ( and U-CA 5, and DIGIMAX i5 also future cameras DIGIMAX V800, L55W, A55W, L50 ) use high perfomance MPEG4 processor - ZORAN COATCH 7 which desnacke video and compress to MPEG4 ( MPEG4 video from zoran 7 have MPEG quantization and use also B-frames like this IPBBPBBPBB - GOP 10 )

video from V50, V70 haven't B-frames only I and P frames and also have H.263 quantization
    I think video from V50 and V70 have not any difference

shareaza@inbox.lv
    Last edited by MPEG4; 07-29-2005 at 08:34 AM. Reason: add email and 1 wrong word found sorry for my english

MPEG-4 videos from Samsung models after V700

I have a nodding acquaintance with quantization, frame selection, and sequencing. Your outline of the reason for the differences, or no difference, between the three video samples is understood. This has put a new perspective on the quality of videos that can be expected from the models after V700, even they are yet to appear on the net. Except one, that is: a forum member in the Steve's Digicam Forum has posted a Digimax i5's short clip. The quality is excellent. I now have confidence that the new models coming after V700 will be at least as competent.

Thank you, MPEG4, for the explanation.

Gin tonic.

Djuki Guest

Arrow

Hi,
    I found one interesting review at:
    http://www.previewgadgets.com/gadget...ax-l55w-review