Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking fz-3 accessories

Hi! Can someone let me know for sure I'm wanting to add a teleconvertor to my fz-3. I've been looking at the olym.tcon17. Is this the right one and Do I need a step up or down ring??I know I have read this somewhere but I couldn't find it again.Also what size lens protector??Thanks to everyone for their patience with me, I have read SO much lately can't remember most of it.

Thanks in advance!!
    Maxsmom

Quote Originally Posted by maxsmom
    Hi! Can someone let me know for sure I'm wanting to add a teleconvertor to my fz-3. I've been looking at the olym.tcon17. Is this the right one and Do I need a step up or down ring??I know I have read this somewhere but I couldn't find it again.Also what size lens protector??Thanks to everyone for their patience with me, I have read SO much lately can't remember most of it.
    It is my understanding that the FZ3 comes with a lens hood adapter that provides a 55mm thread that should be compatible with the Tcon 17 55mm thread size. It would then follow that a 55mm filter would also fit. The lens hood adapter on the FZ3 is made of plastic and the threads are also plastic so it may eventually strip out from repeated use. I haven't heard any reports of that actually happening yet but the concern remains.

If you are good at dealing with people in Japan, Yoshida makes a metal adapter tube for the FZ3. If you visit this link and then click on the Yoshida adapter tubes section you will find a link to the Yoshida site -

http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/DigiCam...-10/index.html
    Tyler
    Panasonic DMC FZ-20, FZ-50, Wired Remote, Sunpak 383
    DCR-6600, TCON 14B, Nikon #5T+6T
    FZ20 Photo Gallery

Thanks alot Tyler for your help!I have never dealt with Japan and afraid I'm japanize illiterit,so that might be out.I'll chek it out though.Does anyone know how much 6000 japan yen is in us dollars?
    Last edited by maxsmom; 04-14-2005 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by maxsmom
    Thanks alot Tyler for your help!I have never dealt with Japan and afraid I'm japanize illiterit,so that might be out.I'll chek it out though.Does anyone know how much 6000 japan yen is in us dollars?
    Can't help you with the Japanese either. I ran the page through a language translator and it made even less sense

6000 yen is approx. $55 US at current exchange rates.
    Tyler
    Panasonic DMC FZ-20, FZ-50, Wired Remote, Sunpak 383
    DCR-6600, TCON 14B, Nikon #5T+6T
    FZ20 Photo Gallery

Yes, Tyler is righ - I'd advise you to use the supplied with lens hood adapter.
    Of course, if you need it long term for regular use, a metal adapter tube is needed.

I have purchased a couple adapters from Mr. Yoshida and he makes a great product and his shipping is very quick.
    There is an Email address for him on that page you send him an Email Explaining what you want and the color, he will answer back with the price including shipping and you confirm Payment and your done. Very simple and I do not understand Japanese either.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by genece; 04-15-2005 at 07:08 AM.

Gene
    http://grc225.zenfolio.com/
    http://imageevent.com/grc6
    one of these days I'll understand!

Panasonic FZ20 & FZ30,FZ18
    D50 -- D80

Quote Originally Posted by genece
    I have purchased a couple adapters from Mr. Yoshida and he makes a great product and his shipping is very quick.
    There is an Email address for him on that page you send him an Email Explaining what you want and the color, he will answer back with the price including shipping and you confirm Payment and your done. Very simple and I do not understand Japanese either.
    Not to worry, I've tried Jap manufacturers and they can understand at least some basic English for the transaction to go through.

I would be using for some wildlife and kids sport shots,but I would be changing it somewhat often so the metal adapter would diffently be a plus to keep camera in good shape.Thanks alot of your help Gary and Tyler!

Just wanting to confirm the obvious, but the adapter for the FZ-3 would work for the FZ-5, right?

FZ5 adaptor

Quote Originally Posted by argo0
    Just wanting to confirm the obvious, but the adapter for the FZ-3 would work for the FZ-5, right?
    No, it will not. The FZ3 and FZ5 are constructed a little differently, so the adapters are not interchangeable. However, the supplied adapters both are 55mm (at least to my knowledge) so you could use the same telextender, macro or closeup lenses on both cameras. The adapters, however are different.