Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I cancelled my order from Dell

Ordered on 4/8 with different coupons and was suppossed to get the XT w/ Lens Kit for $820 (no tax) including overnight shipping. They changed the ship date on me three times. When to J&R, they price matched Newegg ($969). Got a filter and camera bag for $1080 (including tax).

I couldn't be happier. I don't mind paying the $260 because I hate the games they play with their website. If smaller operators can be honest about their inventory and ship dates, the Dell can, but somehow refuse to do so. I love the XT and couldn't keep waiting for Dell to ship or the new Nikons to come out. I got the camera to capture my growing daughter and she was getting bigger by the day. I've taken about 50 shots in three days and this weekend will take a hundred more. Good luck with those who bought from Dell (I"m sure you'll get it eventually) but be warned it may take a while.

Quote Originally Posted by gabester
    By the way, CF cards are 30% off at Dell. As one example, you can get a Sandisk Ultra II 512 Mb card for $41.99. No coupon is required, but if you can find one to add on to your order, more power to you!
    Where are you seeing this? I checked the site yesterday and today, and have seen no sale prices for Ultra II's.

Quote Originally Posted by nate
    Where are you seeing this? I checked the site yesterday and today, and have seen no sale prices for Ultra II's.
    Just go to newegg.com they are that cheap or cheaper all the time with 2nd day FedEx shipping.

Canon EOS 30D | Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 | Canon 17-40mm f/4L | Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS| Canon 70-200mm f/4L | Canon Speedlite 430EX + Sto-Fen Omni Bounce | Manfrotto 3001BD & 680B/486RC2 | Hoya Super HMC Pro1 Digital Filters | Hitech ND & GND Filters | Bags > Kata R-103 + Lowepro Nova 5 AW

RawShooter | premium 2006 > My PBase Gallery

Thats right blue dog.
    As of this second:
    body only silver - 829
    body only black - 888 - explaing that please!
    lens kit silver - 948
    lens kit black -979 - again.. same camera? the color really makes it more expensive huh?? Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by aparmley
    Thats right blue dog.
    As of this second:
    body only silver - 829
    body only black - 888 - explaing that please!
    lens kit silver - 948
    lens kit black -979 - again.. same camera? the color really makes it more expensive huh?? Wow!
    Black plastic is more expensive? Canon did that with the original DReb as well. Charge more for the popular body.

I didn't think they were going to offer the silver body in North America.

Oh well.
    D7000, D70, CP990, CP900, FE.
    50mm f/1.8, Sigma 18-125, Sigma 24-70 f/2.8, Nikon 18-105 VR, Nikon 55-200 VR, Nikon 43-86 f/3.5 AiS, Vivitar 28-90 F/2.8-3.5 Macro, Vivitar 75-205 F/3.8-4.8, SB800.
    Ha! See, I can change...

http://d70fan.smugmug.com/

Quote Originally Posted by George Riehm
    Black plastic is more expensive? Canon did that with the original DReb as well. Charge more for the popular body.

Oh well.
    Canon is not setting those prices; the dealer is. And they are just responding to supply and demand. Why do you suppose that many places have had plenty of silvers but sold out of the blacks?

I prefer the black to the silver, but at the end of the day, I am not going to be sitting there thinking.. boy that camera is a beauty.. I hopefully should be saying, I was able to capture some wonderful moments and they turned out very nice! I am considering the silver, same damn camera... But, darn! That silver just screams CHEAPO! IDK why that is, but it just seems to scream that to me. I have been watching the prices daily... somedays the Black comes down to the silver price... and currently the silver kit package has a $40 instant rebate on it at newegg.com... I guess they are needing to move some of the silver ones... like at least one? LOL ahhh that cracks me up. what to do...

Quote Originally Posted by aparmley
    I prefer the black to the silver, but at the end of the day, I am not going to be sitting there thinking.. boy that camera is a beauty.. I hopefully should be saying, I was able to capture some wonderful moments and they turned out very nice! I am considering the silver, same damn camera... But, darn! That silver just screams CHEAPO! IDK why that is, but it just seems to scream that to me. I have been watching the prices daily... somedays the Black comes down to the silver price... and currently the silver kit package has a $40 instant rebate on it at newegg.com... I guess they are needing to move some of the silver ones... like at least one? LOL ahhh that cracks me up. what to do...
    I ordered the silver kit from BestBuy.com, when it could be had for $900 shortly after its release. But I returned it, after deciding that I didn't want to constantly hear the tiny little voice saying, "sure would be nice to have black."

I love my black one (from Dell)!

LOL @ nate.

I fear that little voice... I know hes in there waiting... haha... Darnit.. looks like the black has got the call! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by George Riehm

Oh well.
    Huh? They are the same price. It's the store's choice to charge more. Nasty scheme on the part of the store, but it makes sense if you're out to make a profit.