Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Yes, I can at least buy a 2g Compact Flash for that + a battery

Quote Originally Posted by The watcher
    Yes, I can at least buy a 2g Compact Flash for that + a battery
    Better yet buy 2 - 1g CF cards + battery.

Canon EOS 30D | Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 | Canon 17-40mm f/4L | Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS| Canon 70-200mm f/4L | Canon Speedlite 430EX + Sto-Fen Omni Bounce | Manfrotto 3001BD & 680B/486RC2 | Hoya Super HMC Pro1 Digital Filters | Hitech ND & GND Filters | Bags > Kata R-103 + Lowepro Nova 5 AW

RawShooter | premium 2006 > My PBase Gallery

YEs, agree with BlueDog, always go for separate 1GB cards, spread the risk

Quote Originally Posted by MrForgetable
    249 dollars is a lot for a high school sophomore without a job!!!!
    Agreed! I remember many years ago, as a teen, begging my Dad to buy me my Pentax SP1000 (match-needle metering, screw thread lens mount). When he relented we took the subway into New York City to buy my beloved Pentax at something like $200, which was a lot 30 years ago especially to a guy who worked graveyard shift back then. He never made a fuss about the price; just wanted to make sure that was exactly what I wanted.

Anyway, you could ask for a parental loan then pay them back a little bit week by week...or use the camera to make some cash on the side. Another thing you could try would be to open a Dell Preferred account and make interest-free payments over many months. In any case, I hope you get your beloved camera.

Dell CompactFlash Sale

By the way, CF cards are 30% off at Dell. As one example, you can get a Sandisk Ultra II 512 Mb card for $41.99. No coupon is required, but if you can find one to add on to your order, more power to you!

Quote Originally Posted by gary_hendricks
    YEs, agree with BlueDog, always go for separate 1GB cards, spread the risk
    What kind of risk?
    I have one disk in my camera, and it never failed me!
    No need to switch al the time etc..
    But please explain the benefits?

How can I get a coupon??

the watcher -- Well, I suppose until you have one jump out of your hands into a lake or have one crap out on ya or lets just say that somehow it manages to draw interest from the cat, who paws at it unitl it falls off the table which then peaks the interest of your dog, I suppose until any of that happens to you, there would appear to be no risk.

I would prefer 2-1GB cards because I would like to be able to have one incase something should happen to the first one. It always nice to have a backup... Even if you don't lose any pictures... if the card gets damaged or lost some how, even while its empty, you might appreciate knowing that you have another one that you can use for the time being. Thats my take on it anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Savannah
    How can I get a coupon??
    Stacy, try this link. Check the expiration date of the coupon you want to use. Also note that each couoon has a limited number of uses (first 1000 people who use it online, for example). The trick is hitting this webpage a few times a day, seven days a week. It's how I got my XT + lens kit for $819.

Quote Originally Posted by The watcher
    What kind of risk?
    I have one disk in my camera, and it never failed me!
    No need to switch al the time etc..
    But please explain the benefits?
    But theres always that risk involved, kinda like insurance if something did happen. I saved a few dollars buying 2 - 1g CF's as opposed to 1 - 2g CF.

Canon EOS 30D | Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 | Canon 17-40mm f/4L | Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS| Canon 70-200mm f/4L | Canon Speedlite 430EX + Sto-Fen Omni Bounce | Manfrotto 3001BD & 680B/486RC2 | Hoya Super HMC Pro1 Digital Filters | Hitech ND & GND Filters | Bags > Kata R-103 + Lowepro Nova 5 AW

RawShooter | premium 2006 > My PBase Gallery