Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Problem with FZ3

Hi Genece,

Thanks again - that's a great link explaining histograms, though I'm not sure I'm going to get time to look at my camera's histogram and tweak the settings whilst trying to shoot a moving aircraft I'm sure it will all come with practice though.

I will certainly try the settings you specify, though I don't expect to be in a situation where I can take similar photos for several days at least. I'm really hoping that it's not a camera fault though.

I will let you know via the forum how I get on.

Thanks again for all your help.

If you can take some telephoto shots of things not so far away and with less haze you may get a better idea if the camera is to blame or if maybe the haze really was the culpert.

I have been on a lake in the early AM when its very hazy and have seen an animal on the shore and when I tried to see them thru Binoculars I could not see them because the binoculars magnified the haze to the point you can not see thru it. There is a chance that is happening in those photos.

Usually haze can be removed with unsharp mask but not so with those photos.
    Usually the amount of unsharp mask set at 20 and a radius of 45 or so will remove haze.

I also have a hard time to see the histogram and make changes but I find it nice to be able to look back and see what may have been wrong.

I have seen some great photos from an FZ3 so I hope you get it figured out.

Last edited by genece; 04-05-2005 at 07:06 AM.

Gene
    http://grc225.zenfolio.com/
    http://imageevent.com/grc6
    one of these days I'll understand!

Panasonic FZ20 & FZ30,FZ18
    D50 -- D80