Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

fz20 wideangle help

ive got an fz20, and am looking into purchasing a wide angle for it(under .7x preferably) and am wondering what the best choices are for decent prices(under 150, unless theres something much better for a little more)

and id also like to know what adapters you'd reccomend.

thanks

wide angle

This one I believe has the best review for the fz20.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

I use the phayee adapter. It has worked wonders and it matches my camera.

Quote Originally Posted by HincklNutt
    ive got an fz20, and am looking into purchasing a wide angle for it(under .7x preferably) and am wondering what the best choices are for decent prices(under 150, unless theres something much better for a little more)

and id also like to know what adapters you'd reccomend.

thanks
    I am using the Raynox DCR-6600 Pro .66 WA and am quite happy with it. It has minimal barrel distortion and is sharp from edge to edge. The only downside some find with it is that it has virtually no usable zoom range, meaning it can only be used with the FZ at wide angle, and it exhibits a tiny amount of vignetting in the lower left corner of images taken with it. Otherwise I consider it one of the best in its class and the minor vignetting can either be ignored or cropped in PP. The 6600 has 52mm threads and can be used with the Raynox RT5264P adapter tube both availalbe from http://bugeyedigital.com. Price for both will come in under your price limit.
    Tyler
    Panasonic DMC FZ-20, FZ-50, Wired Remote, Sunpak 383
    DCR-6600, TCON 14B, Nikon #5T+6T
    FZ20 Photo Gallery