Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 48 of 85 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Smile Ariella at full stretch

Some more photos of Ariella, one at full stretch and another at play.
    Both photos were taken with a borrowed Ricoh Caplio GX, with ambient light and auto-flash in portrait mode (5.8mm, F/2.5, 1/32sec), both photos were cropped, resized and adjusted for brightness as the originals were quite dark.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Benjamin

Here are a few of my cat pictures. Duchess just seems to love cramming herself into tiny cardboard boxes.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Lukas

Camera: Anonymous
    I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

Flickr

Thumbs up Wengler Cat Photos

Quote Originally Posted by TheWengler View Post
    Here are a few of my cat pictures. Duchess just seems to love cramming herself into tiny cardboard boxes.
    Hi Lukas,

Nice cat photos! Interesting composition in the first one of your black cat (what's its name btw?), well exposed, good detail etc. Capturing cats outdoors in good light seems to make it easier to capture the fine detail in their fur, quite different to photographing them indoors under incandescent or flurescent lighting with or without flash (c/ref your first cat photo of the 16SEP07).

The other two photos of Duchess are lovely, great use of DOF making her the centre of focus etc.
    Cats are really cute with their individual mannerisms aren't they?
    My cat, Ariella, loves crawling, or reaching in, under pieces of paper (I guess lots of cats like to do that ).

Cheers,

(PS: First shots with the new camera, a Fuji S5700/S700 , were of Ariella a couple of nights ago, will post one or two here soon ...., hope that wont be too many of her in such a short time )
    Last edited by Benjamin2007; 10-03-2007 at 04:27 AM.

Benjamin

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin2007 View Post
    Nice cat photos! Interesting composition in the first one of your black cat (what's its name btw?), well exposed, good detail etc.
    Thank you Benjamin, her name is Timber.
    Lukas

I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

Flickr

Smile First shots of Ariella with the S5700/S700!

First shots of Ariella with the Fuji S5700/S700, only resized (using the included Fuji FinePixViewer software) for posting to the list.
    Auto shooting mode, with auto Flash, 1/45sec, F3.5, ISO200, 6.3mm.
    Enjoy!

Photo#1: Who turned on the lights?
    Name:  2007_1002_First_S5700_Photos-0001.JPG
Views: 148
Size:  55.0 KB

Photo#2: Would you please turn off the fr#$%^*g light!
    Name:  2007_1002_First_S5700_Photos-0002.JPG
Views: 145
Size:  65.7 KB

Photo#3: Ok, if you don't turn off the light, I'm jumping out this window!
    Name:  2007_1002_First_S5700_Photos-0003.JPG
Views: 146
Size:  62.5 KB

Photo#4: Right, that's it, the scratching post gets it!!!!
    Name:  2007_1002_First_S5700_Photos-0005.JPG
Views: 144
Size:  71.1 KB
    Last edited by Benjamin2007; 10-07-2007 at 06:47 AM. Reason: Just figured out how to caption & insert images one by one

Benjamin

Benjamin, Ariella looks like my Norwegian Forest cats, but yours is missing the long tufts between the toes, ear point hair, and the lion mane.

Ariella looks large and healthy!
    US Navy--Hooyah!

Nikon D700/D300|17-35 f/2.8, 24-70 f/2.8, Sigmalux, 80-200 f/2.8, 16 f/2.8 fisheye,

Lots of flashes and Honl gear.

Talking Ariella & the Norwegian Forest cats

Quote Originally Posted by TheObiJuan View Post
    Benjamin, Ariella looks like my Norwegian Forest cats, but yours is missing the long tufts between the toes, ear point hair, and the lion mane.

Ariella looks large and healthy!
    Thanks ObiJuan!
    I passed your compliment on to Ariella & she was very pleased to be considered so exotic!
    She is a Domestic Long Hair (DLH)/Tabby. Her father and mother were both strays in my neighbourhood. Her father was an all white DLH (possible Persian influence?) and her mother was a jet black Domestic Short Hair (DSH). I heard a commotion in the courtyard of my apartment block in mid-January this year and noticed the two cats running in different directions, two months later, in mid-March, I found Ariella abandoned in the backyard. She was only one week old (& weighed just 200g), so I took her in and hand reared her (after obtaining permission from the Owner's Corporation of course). She is now almost 7mnths old, weighs 3kg and has recuperated nicely after being spayed a week ago. Stitches come out tomorrow!

Actually if anyone's cat looks like your beautiful Norwegian Forest cats I think it would be Wengler's Duchess!

cheers,

Benjamin

Actually if anyone's cat looks like your beautiful Norwegian Forest cats I think it would be Wengler's Duchess!
    Well I can't comment on that since I don't know what a Norwegian Forrest cat looks like. My favorite of the new set is the 2nd one. It looks like she's going to fall off of the couch. I find that my cat lets me take about 3 pictures before she starts throwing the evil eye my way.
    Lukas

Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by TheWengler View Post
    Well I can't comment on that since I don't know what a Norwegian Forrest cat looks like. My favorite of the new set is the 2nd one. It looks like she's going to fall off of the couch. I find that my cat lets me take about 3 pictures before she starts throwing the evil eye my way.
    Check out ObiJuan's cat photos in this thread and you'll see what a Norwegian Forrest cat looks like. I was thinking mostly of colouring rather than hair growth patterns. (Sorry cann't advise how to search a thread to find specific posts etc, perhaps by username?)

Thanks. I like the first one, mostly because of the look on her face! Priceless.

It can be hard to compose a picture with Ariella because she usually moves toward the camera when I'm about to take a picture, she loves playing with the neck strap, and so has often spoilt great poses because she's moved as soon as she sees the camera...

Benjamin

It can be hard to compose a picture with Ariella because she usually moves toward the camera when I'm about to take a picture, she loves playing with the neck strap, and so has often spoilt great poses because she's moved as soon as she sees the camera...
    I know what you mean. Duchess will let me take her picture if I'm standing, but if I kneel down to get a different angle then she'll walk toward me because she thinks I'm going to pet her.
    Lukas

Flickr