Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 30 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
    lol that one of Priscilla on your head is hilarious!
    Nikon D50, Nikkor 18-55mm, Nikkor 50mm 1.8, Sigma 70-300mm APO DG Macro, Tokina 12-24
    Flickr

Our cat, Fritsje.

Flickr
    Sony DSC-T9
    My album @ Flickr

Hi,
    my first post here in DCRP forums. I lurked around quite a bit in the past weeks before finally buying my first "proper" camera. I used to have a Canon Asomething and used it for some three years as a P&S, mostly for internet pictures and stuff like that. Lately the Canon died and I grew an interest in photography so I rented a couple cameras to see if I was enjoy the all thing. Well it turned out that I'm in love with photography and after a lot of mumbling I went and bought a Fuji S5600 last weekend. I plan to use it for at least one year to develop some knowledge and then (maybe) I'll try and make the jump to a proper DSLR. Anyway, after about a couple hundreds shots I made something I'm happy with and decided to post it here for some feedback.
    Congrats to all of you, the site is great and so are the various forums.
    Nice to be here.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by judah; 06-11-2006 at 11:33 PM.
    Because you're mine, I walk the line.....

Stuff: Fujifilm S5600, Hama Tripod, Marlboro Lights, Smoking Lighter, Sunglasses, no-brand bag

http://judah.smugmug.com/

Judah, welcome! I really like your shot of the cat (I'm a sucker for close-ups ...) I like how you kept the subject so tight, although I wish I could really see the cat's chin where it blends into the background. I really like the clarity of the closed eye. But is your cat dirty??
    Last edited by toriaj; 06-12-2006 at 07:53 PM.
    Nikon D50, Nikkor 18-55mm, Nikkor 50mm 1.8, Sigma 70-300mm APO DG Macro, Tokina 12-24
    Flickr

Hi Toriaj,
    thanks for your inputs. Yeah, Zorro was a bit dirty, just got back from hunting trip!
    I'm still tryin' to understand most of the stuff (aperture, shutter speed, ISO) but so far I'm enjoying it a lot. The S5600 seems very easy to use and yesterday while I was out for job I stopped nearby a train station and shooted for about 20 minutes. Now I'll take a look at what I did. Thanks again for your warm welcome.
    Because you're mine, I walk the line.....

Stuff: Fujifilm S5600, Hama Tripod, Marlboro Lights, Smoking Lighter, Sunglasses, no-brand bag

http://judah.smugmug.com/

My Feline Friends

This is Sasha (cat) & Molly. Sasha is about two months older than Molly. They are both 5 yrs old

Then along comes Taxi my son's kitten. Seven weeks old

Tasha my mother's kitten

ooops, sorry about some of the sizes. I thought i had them all resized.

I'm in the same boat as Judah mentioned. I bought a Canon S2 IS and find i'm enjoying Photography. I'm slowly learning, but having fun at it. Hope you enjoy.
    Last edited by garblin; 06-13-2006 at 09:00 PM.

Well actually the first 2 pics where taken with my HP 2 megapixal camera a couple years ago. Decided i wanted something better.
    If i ever get better and more comfortable with this camera. I might upgrade to something more serious in a couple of years. I want to get my money's worth out of this one first.

Garblin, I sent you a private message about Taxi. Great shots! Thanks for sharing.
    Flickr

Mokroe Rokitnoe, Kharkiv area, Ukraine. Fuji FinePix S9500. Jun, 11, 2006
    The main lining in a computer - between the monitor and a chair
    My photo gallery in Flickr

Mokroe Rokitnoe, Kharkiv area, Ukraine. Fuji FinePix S9500. Jun, 11, 2006
    The main lining in a computer - between the monitor and a chair
    My photo gallery in Flickr