Views: 88
Size:  112.2 KB

Name:  Niagaranight 2.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  100.4 KB

Name:  Niagaranight 1.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  75.6 KB
    Around every picture there's a corner & round every corner there's a picture
    - the fun's in finding them

very beautiful pictures phill...where is this? niagra falls..

Nice shot there Geoff, I like also D. Thompson's pic... you guys really have perfect imaginations..
    myTechpad <my blog

Yeah, very nice Phill. How wet did your camera get?
    Lukas

Camera: Anonymous
    I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

Flickr

Thanks guys.
    Yes Sanju it is Niagara Falls. Wengler yes we did get very wet & I didn't take my new E510 on the Maid of the Mist, the boat shots were long range ones from the pavement above on the Canadian side. The others were with my TZ1which I did take on the boat and was very careful with. They give you blue raincoats to wear with large hoods so I kept the camera under the hood & shot with the hood as a rain cover. Problem was the camera doesn't have a viewfinder & it was too close for me to see anything clearly on the lcd so I just took pot luck with the blurry mess I could see on the screen. Unfortunately holding the camera that way mean't the water ran down my sleeve & my right side got all wet. The camera on the other hand was fine. Overall it was a great experience we all loved it & the sun soon dried me off. These extra shots are not the best of the falls but they do show how wet it was as we passed the Canadian part of the falls.
    Name:  Niagarawetsmall 1.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  134.0 KB

Name:  Niagarawetsmall 2.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  81.3 KB

Name:  Niagarawetsmall 3.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  125.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Phill D View Post
    Here are a few snapshots of Niagara falls from our recent visit. Attachment 39288
    Your first post of Niagara has to be one of the best pics of Niagara I've ever seen. I love the colors and lines that you captured.
    Nikon D50, Nikkor 18-55mm, Nikkor 50mm 1.8, Sigma 70-300mm APO DG Macro, Tokina 12-24
    Flickr

Beautiful shots of the falls Phill!! Unfortunately the only chance in my life to go to the falls was a overcast, rainy day. It cleared up a bit that night and thats when I got the few shots i posted but no blue skies like you had!! One day ill go again but it'll probably be quite a few years from now.

Aw gee praise indeed thanks it's much appreciated, I'll be off to work with a big grin now you just made my day. Yes we were very lucky with the weather it had been cloudy & wet for days before we arrived. We were only there two nights & more storms came in the day we were leaving so we got stranded in Buffalo overnight. I've got a few more shots where I was playing with my new polariser to enhance the rainbow. I'll post them when I get them sorted out.

Some fantastic shots there Phill, I'm looking forward to seeing some more from you
    Sounds like you had a very busy time in the States