Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 25 of 46 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    I feel inadequet to post these. Especially after looking at the other awesome shots, but you have to start somewhere right?

The falls are much more impressive in the spring with all the run off from the melted snow.

C&C welcome.. thanks.
    Graduated from a Fuji Finepix A330 to a Canon S3 IS
    Future Dream Camera: a CanondSLR

cdnphotographer, you have great shots! I especially like the first one, because of how it features the curves in the water's path. You may want to try a closer view of the water, using a longer shutter speed and a tripod.

I risked my neck getting this shot ... funny how "getting the shot" becomes more important than the possibility of skidding down the rocky slope, tripod and all! It's not that great of a shot, but I really like it because this waterfall has a lot of sentimental memories attached.

Name:  Last Fall 600p.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  80.4 KB

Any comments?
    Nikon D50, Nikkor 18-55mm, Nikkor 50mm 1.8, Sigma 70-300mm APO DG Macro, Tokina 12-24
    Flickr

CDNphotographer

CDNphotographer, I really liked the 2nd foto. I normally run with much longer shutter speeds, but that image there worked well for me. I think it was the clarity of the water, the fluid look to it, and then the static, almost ice like quality of the water....at the same time that extra colour. Very impressive image say I. Bravo.
    Durin S. Day

Olympus OM-1n
    Canon 30d
    28-135mm (which is not a good lens in my opinion)

toriaj and Durin

thank you so much for the compliements and comments!!
    Graduated from a Fuji Finepix A330 to a Canon S3 IS
    Future Dream Camera: a CanondSLR

Waterfalls Thread - Best Thread Going!

Hi folks -

Been a while since I have been here and wow,the pics are getting better and better. I am posing a couple that I have taken since last I was here. As always visit my website to see more!

Photo #1 Falls on Shoal Creek (Mill Shoals)
    Photo #2 Twin Falls on Thompson River
    Photo #3 Merry Falls
    Photo #4 Waterfalls on West Fork Pigeon River

Regards,
    pbt1234
    http://www.sitekreator.com/mikewhite/nc_waterfalls.html
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Gear List:
    Some links I like: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

The creek behind my sister's house. I was trying out the slower shutter speeds. One is with and one is without the circular polarizer. And another version, as a bonus!
    Last edited by AdamW; 03-01-2007 at 09:25 PM.
    Adam
    -------------
    Canon 60D & lenses & flashes & stuff
    A bunch of cheap vintage film cameras

My Etsy store

Wulai waterfall. As always, comments are really appreciated. Cheers!
    Last edited by zmikers; 03-02-2007 at 07:09 AM.

Sacramento River at Redding, Northern California

When I came across this thread some months ago I was reminded of an area close by that I used to sneak into when I was a kid. It is still heavily posted "Keep Out" but being a lot older and more sensible (at times) I contacted the owner and asked permission to see and photograph an area that I hadn't seen in 50 years or so. Northern Indiana is relatively flat land, boring and bland but there are a few exceptions to that. This area is called Fitch's Glen just west of the small town of Logansport. It's situated along the Wabash River and has a historic background by being a part of the Wabash and Erie Canal. The falls actually cover about a half a mile with a total drop of around 100 feet. Certainly not spectacular but beautiful nonetheless. My feeble first attempts are attached. Fuji 6000fd. All shot were using 'landscape' setting and of course there were lots of afterthoughts about what settings I should have tried or used. A rank amateur's learning process.