Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 41 of 46 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kgosden View Post
    Lukas,

Love the colors in the plants. To my eye it would be better if the lower right water was not as white, it draws me away from the details. But not much you can do about how the water wants to flow. Maybe a small dam outside the frame to slow it down
    Thanks. I see what you mean. There's another drop off in the waterfall to the right.
    Lukas

Camera: Anonymous
    I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

Flickr

Lukas, I think this is a case where I cannot decide if the picture is about the water or the wonderful scenery behind it. There was an interesting article over at the Luminous Landscape Photographing Waterfalls that discusses inclusion and exclusion when photographing them.

Lukas, I think this is a case where I cannot decide if the picture is about the water or the wonderful scenery behind it. There was an interesting article over at the Luminous Landscape Photographing Waterfalls that discusses inclusion and exclusion when photographing them.
    Well I took the picture because of the waterfall, but I decided to include more of the scenery in the image as well since the sky was nice enough and most of the fall color was farther away. The fall colors were my main reason for making the trip so I included some bit of the aspens in most of my images.

I appreciate your take on the image. I do agree that often photography is often about what isn't in the image. I mean, you can't really take a picture w/o excluding something, but I think doing one thing all the time isn't really the right approach. This time I decided on more, but I have other pictures of the waterfalls w/ less.
    Lukas

I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

Flickr

Lukas,

The color is what drew me initially as well. A great exposure as usual. I see you used a GND. Hard or soft?

Lukas,

The color is what drew me initially as well. A great exposure as usual. I see you used a GND. Hard or soft?
    I'm pretty sure it was a soft filter. With the wide angle and the uneven horizon I was using a soft edge filter most of the day. Not sure of the strength I was using for this one.
    Lukas

Flickr

Another one from my trip to the Eastern Sierras

Rainbow Falls by Lukas W, on Flickr
    Lukas

Flickr

Big Laurel Falls in North Carolina. I was hoping there would be more leaves on the trees than on the ground. Sure wish I had a T/S lens for these sloping shots. Maybe I will find something better in the next day or two, but rain is heading our way tonight...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Middle Prong, Great Smoky Mtn N.P.

A small cascade on the Middle Prong in the Smoky Mountains.

Two views of Spruce Flats Falls (GSMNP). I cannot decide which I prefer. The first is as much about the leaves and Autumn as it is a picture of the falls. The second is more about the falls.

Two views of Spruce Flats Falls (GSMNP). I cannot decide which I prefer. The first is as much about the leaves and Autumn as it is a picture of the falls. The second is more about the falls.
    Nice shots. Not sure which I like better either. They both have nice foregrounds, but the second one is a cleaner composition. I do like the fallen leaves in the foreground of the first one, but I don't like the branch going in front of the waterfall.
    Lukas

Flickr