Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 37 of 46 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
    Lukas, nothing is flowing very much in December. I doubt Vernal Falls would have been if it had not snowed about a week earlier followed by a few slightly warmer days.

Quote Originally Posted by kgosden View Post
    Lukas, nothing is flowing very much in December. I doubt Vernal Falls would have been if it had not snowed about a week earlier followed by a few slightly warmer days.
    Last time I was there was an October and everything was dry. I'll have to start going during waterfall season.

Salmon Creek Falls - This one is an impressive sight. I think I read it drops about 120 ft.
    Last edited by TheWengler; 01-08-2010 at 01:26 AM.
    Lukas

Camera: Anonymous
    I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

Flickr

Great shot Lukas. Was that a 1-2 second exposure?

Great shot Lukas. Was that a 1-2 second exposure?
    Thanks! There's plenty of water spots in the picture from standing too close. The exposure was 10 seconds (f/11, ISO 400). It was almost dark by the time I got there and I had a CPL on to remove reflections, so that slowed things down some.
    Lukas

I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

Flickr

Lukas,

At 10 seconds I think you need to add "one damn sturdy tripod" to your signature. Many of my Vernal Falls hike photos suffered from show flakes on and in front of the lens.

Lukas,

At 10 seconds I think you need to add "one damn sturdy tripod" to your signature. Many of my Vernal Falls hike photos suffered from show flakes on and in front of the lens.
    The drops of mist are a pain. The only solution I can think of is to go when it's lighter so I can shorten the SS. As for movement, it wasn't too bad. I'm on a tiny rock, so the flow of water wasn't hitting the tripod. For this one though, two legs are in the stream. I could hear little rocks being carried by the current clanking against the tripod during the exposures. Lost a few to tripod movement, but not too bad.
    Lukas

Flickr

McWay Creek, Big Sur
    Lukas

Flickr

Trillium Falls, Redwood NP
    Lukas

Flickr

TheWengler: Beautiful shots, but I was disappointed when I downloaded the images and found that the metadata had been stripped out. Are these last 2 shots also about 10 seconds?

Quote Originally Posted by danwiz View Post
    TheWengler: Beautiful shots, but I was disappointed when I downloaded the images and found that the metadata had been stripped out. Are these last 2 shots also about 10 seconds?
    Oh, sorry. "Save for Web" strips it. They're 25 and 20 seconds respectively. I include the exposure data in my Flickr posts if you're ever curious.
    Lukas

Flickr