Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    God I wish I was on my vacation now so I could take pictures of a 25m waterfall for you. You will probably never guess where it is

It is so nice, a river which is all flat-alike, not that deep, flows into (water falls down unto) another river which is really really deep which carved the mountin so that there is a wall of stone(mountin on top of it trees) on the other side from where I will take the pictures...

Im going to take lots of pictures of it in July and will be returning in august, ill post some then.

folonik
    Well hold you to that then - looking forward to seeing them
    Geoff
    Geoff Chandler. UK/England/Surrey
    NIKON D90 / D80. Nikon 16 - 85 VR, Tamron 28-200,
    Sigma 70-300APO, Tokina 100 AT-X Pro D.
    SB600 flash. Panasonic DMC-TZ25

http://geof777.multiply.com

Burney Falls

The waterfalls thread inspires me. I like living in California. There are many great waterfalls here. Of course, I've found many across the country. However, I've had the most opportunity for photos here. If I get a chance I will post some fantastic photos I did in Yosemite a few years ago on a stormy day.

Interestingly, in the fall I went to Yosemite and saw Yosemite falls completely dry for the first time. I will try to post that as well.

For now, I will post a photo I took while at Burney Falls last summer. For those unfamiliar, it is a smaller waterfall (by Yosemite standards) in Northern California. It is between Lassen Peak and Mt. Shasta in the southern Cascades near the town of Burney, CA. It is about 130 ft tall.

I shot this with my recently replaced Fuji Finepix camera. It was a cheap point and shoot camera that served me the best it could.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Very nice.

Ray.

emalvick
    Very interesting water falls there - lots going on.
    Yes please - do dig out those shots you spoke of - it would be very interesting to see them.
    Geoff
    Geoff Chandler. UK/England/Surrey
    NIKON D90 / D80. Nikon 16 - 85 VR, Tamron 28-200,
    Sigma 70-300APO, Tokina 100 AT-X Pro D.
    SB600 flash. Panasonic DMC-TZ25

http://geof777.multiply.com

I'll try to get the photos I talked about this week. As for the Burney Falls shot. It is an interesting waterfall. I can't say much about the exposure because that camera was very minimal in what it gave or told. I would probably do much better with my new camera.

Geologically, those falls do have a lot going on. The area is famous for lava tubes and it is very volcanic. The basalt layers formed by various lava flows are extremely porous. They soak up the water like a sponge and the falls left water out everyhwere. The waterfall never dries up and flows at the same rate all year round (a rarity in California). It is a crowded place, but that is relative. If you've been to Yosemite in the summer, McArthur-Burney Falls state park will seem like heaven.

Some recent waterfall shots...

------
    Joel - Canon 50d, EF16-35/2.8 Mk1, Σ 50/1.4, EF100/2.8 Macro, EF70-200/4 IS, 430EX II
    http://www.eisner.id.au

Those are really nice shots JEISNER; where were they taken?
    I think they could use a bit more saturation in the greens.
    "...and only the stump, or fishy part of him remained."
    Green Gables: A Contemplative Companion to Fujino Township

Quote Originally Posted by Norm in Fujino
    Those are really nice shots JEISNER; where were they taken?
    Thanks, they were taken at the bottom of lake mountain (stevensons falls) about 1.5 hours out of Melbourne, Australia.

It was far from ideal conditions for digital, very bright day so very strong shadows....
    Last edited by jeisner; 05-02-2005 at 09:29 PM.
    ------
    Joel - Canon 50d, EF16-35/2.8 Mk1, Σ 50/1.4, EF100/2.8 Macro, EF70-200/4 IS, 430EX II
    http://www.eisner.id.au

Solstice Canyon waterfall

Here's a waterfall taken while I was out dayhiking yesterday, in one of the most beautiful coastal canyons in the Santa Monica Mountains.

http://bethsadventurepics.smugmug.co...21656668-L.jpg