Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Pixmantec RAW processor - Free Download

If you are using RAW (or plan to) and wanted a Phase One/Capture One professional grade RAW processor then here is the one to try. For Free! After reading the Beta test by Uwe Stienmueller you may want to give it a try. It's from the same guy who developed the Phase One/Capture One software. THIS IS FOR WINDOWS ONLY at this point.

http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/con...id=7-6464-7576

The price is certainly right. Not all Cameras are supported, but there are quite a few.
    D7000, D70, CP990, CP900, FE.
    50mm f/1.8, Sigma 18-125, Sigma 24-70 f/2.8, Nikon 18-105 VR, Nikon 55-200 VR, Nikon 43-86 f/3.5 AiS, Vivitar 28-90 F/2.8-3.5 Macro, Vivitar 75-205 F/3.8-4.8, SB800.
    Ha! See, I can change...

http://d70fan.smugmug.com/

Pixmantec Raw Processor

George
    I downloaded the Pixmantec Raw Processor and I am quite impressed with the program. I am suprised with all that it can do. All for free also!
    I now have Nikon Capture 4.2, Photoshop elements 3.0 and ACD See 7.0 as well as a few other odds and ends. IMHO the Nikon Capture still processes a truer rendition from a RAW file. Both exposure and color are better. I have been processing in Nikon Capture and then transferring to Elements for additional changes and printing.
    Thanks for your tip.

I really miss the Pixmantec RAW Shooter. It was simple, fast and with quite good quality of export. RAW Processors in these days have much better quality but I miss the simplicity of the RAW Shooter. I would really appreciate if someone could make something simple as the RAW Shooter was and compatible with today's cameras.
    Last edited by dag59; 03-30-2010 at 06:40 AM.