Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    thanks for the kind words. and i'm in total agreeance with you, had i used the "rule of thirds" i think it would have made for a much better picture in terms of compostion. thanks again!

Here's one I took about a month ago - the Faro Les Eclaireurs lighthouse in the Beagle channel near Ushuaia, Argentina.

I also did a panorama of it and the beagle channel. I mainly use a Canon G5, but the battery had died, so both of these were done with my pocket camera - a Canon A400.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...aia/beagle.jpg

Very nice, Glenna!

I've seen the Beagle Channel and Ushuaia - Very beautiful scenery around there. Were you on your way to Antarctica? Very nice Light House photo!
    Let a be your umbrella!

Taken about a week ago in Colonia Uruguay - A lighthouse built into the ruins of a convent.

Quote Originally Posted by John_Reed
    I've seen the Beagle Channel and Ushuaia - Very beautiful scenery around there. Were you on your way to Antarctica? Very nice Light House photo!
    No, I had been working in Northern Patagonia, and after the job ended, took a month off to travel. I wanted to go to Antarctica, but it's hard to get there this time of year. I'll have to go back, since I would like to go there, maybe combine it with a trip to the Falklands.

Quote Originally Posted by glennaa
    Taken about a week ago in Colonia Uruguay - A lighthouse built into the ruins of a convent.
    Many thanks for those great shots. Not too many of us seem to get that far South (especially the first shot in Argentina). Keep them comming.
    D7000, D70, CP990, CP900, FE.
    50mm f/1.8, Sigma 18-125, Sigma 24-70 f/2.8, Nikon 18-105 VR, Nikon 55-200 VR, Nikon 43-86 f/3.5 AiS, Vivitar 28-90 F/2.8-3.5 Macro, Vivitar 75-205 F/3.8-4.8, SB800.
    Ha! See, I can change...

http://d70fan.smugmug.com/

The "Falklands?"

Quote Originally Posted by glennaa
    No, I had been working in Northern Patagonia, and after the job ended, took a month off to travel. I wanted to go to Antarctica, but it's hard to get there this time of year. I'll have to go back, since I would like to go there, maybe combine it with a trip to the Falklands.
    Er, don't you mean the "Malvinas?"

Keep your shots coming, as George said. Good stuff!
    Let a be your umbrella!

Formerly South Wales. Now South Carolina.

Lol. Mrs Thatcher would have you for breakfast for incinuating that the Falklands are anything but British territory. Having said that, Britain's defences are now so poor that Britain couldn't muster enough soldiers, sailors and aircrew to retake the Falklands if Argentina re-invaded.

Quote Originally Posted by George Riehm
    Many thanks for those great shots. Not too many of us seem to get that far South (especially the first shot in Argentina). Keep them comming.
    Thanks. I was in Argentina on and off for 16 months, but it was only in the last month that I got to travel around.

Here's one more lighthouse - it's actually a replica of the lighthouse on Isla de Los Estados, the true southernmost lighthouse in Argentina. It's in the yard of the old prison in Ushuaia.

As part of a panorama:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...risonsmall.jpg

Smile

Well, the occupants don't think so! Actually, even the towns have different names (Puerto Argentino for Port Stanley, etc). I'm just following the standard of history - "he who wins gets the naming rights!"

Glenn