Here are a couple of shots of the Fort Point Light. Fort Point sits directly underneath the Golden Gate Bridge on the San Francisco side of the bay, and was completed toward the end of the civil war. It contained 126 cannon to protect the entrance to the bay. The white arch above the light in the one photo is the underside of the bridge where it connects with the bluff. The light was one of 13 that once served San Francisco Bay. It was first built in 1853 and then torn down the same year, to allow construction of the Fort. The light in the photo was built in 1864. it has been inoperable since 1934, when the bridge was built.