Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 43 of 46 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by raven15 View Post
    It's in Qingdao (aka Tsingtao) China and was originally built by the Germans when they occupied the city. The signs officially proclaim how bad and horrible the Germans were for doing that, but on the other hand the city is now known world wide for its beer.

It's OK, surrounded by dense trees that make it hard to get a shot from many angles. But it actually looks pretty good.
    Thanks for that info. Bummer, I missed that when I was in Qingdao, but I did attend the beer festival (~3 years ago). Had a drink fest with a pretty crazy Mongol, guy was drinking (and falling) on the picnic tables... I have pics somewhere.

I was meeting with the engineers at Haier at their world headquarters... I have pictures of the play area... also somewhere. I'll try to dig them up.
    D7000, D70, CP990, CP900, FE.
    50mm f/1.8, Sigma 18-125, Sigma 24-70 f/2.8, Nikon 18-105 VR, Nikon 55-200 VR, Nikon 43-86 f/3.5 AiS, Vivitar 28-90 F/2.8-3.5 Macro, Vivitar 75-205 F/3.8-4.8, SB800.
    Ha! See, I can change...

http://d70fan.smugmug.com/

Quote Originally Posted by D70FAN View Post
    Thanks for that info. Bummer, I missed that when I was in Qingdao, but I did attend the beer festival (~3 years ago). Had a drink fest with a pretty crazy Mongol, guy was drinking (and falling) on the picnic tables... I have pics somewhere.

I was meeting with the engineers at Haier at their world headquarters... I have pictures of the play area... also somewhere. I'll try to dig them up.
    Well I saw the light house but missed the beer festival, so take your pick . Good old drunk Mongols, I've seen a few of them here in Inner Mongolia. Turns out, the beer tastes much better in Qingdao. By the time it gets to the north it's not half as compelling. In any case, the Mongolians and northern Chinese usually prefer "white wine" (fermented skunk cabbage is what I call it) or fermented horse milk (in the summer, Mongolians at least, I haven't tried yet), which is the reason the beer gets stale before anyone drinks it.

Most of my appliances are Haier... there is no appropriate smiley face. They are usually ... ok... depending on one's expectations.

This is Fort Wadsworth Lighthouse on Staten Island,NYC. Located atop Fort Wadsworth nearly under the western end of the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Doug
    Pentax K200D,Pentax 18-250,Sigma 70-300 APO DG macro
    Kodak Z915
    http://picasaweb.google.com/pas49ras

Quote Originally Posted by pas49ras View Post
    This is Fort Wadsworth Lighthouse on Staten Island,NYC. Located atop Fort Wadsworth nearly under the western end of the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge.
    That's a cool little lighthouse. I like the 2nd one the best, with the bridge cutting across the sky.

Pigeon Point
    Lukas

Camera: Anonymous
    I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

Flickr

Lukas, personally I think I'd prefer that as an HDR to brighten the lighthouse.
    D800, D300, D90, 24-70 f2.8, 70-200VR f2.8, 300 F4, 105 micro, 16-85VR, 50mm 1.8, Tammy 90 macro, 70-300VR, SB900, 2xSB600, MB-D10, 055XPROB 322RC2. New computers to run photoshop faster. C&C always appreciated. PhotoGallery
    Pressing the shutter is the start of the process - Joe McNally ... Buying the body is the start of the process - Dread Pirate

I guess a HDR might work, but it is brilliant as it is too. Very nice, Lukas. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by raven
    It's in Qingdao (aka Tsingtao) China
    Is that where the beer is made?
    Nikon D-50
    // Nikkor 70-300 f/4-5.6 VR // Nikkor 50 mm f/1.8
    // Sigma 17-70 f/2.8-4.5 ...// Nikon SB-600
    // Sigma 10-20 f/4-5.6......// Nikon Series E 135 mm f/2.8
    // Kiron 105 f/2.8 Macro....// Manfrotto 190XPROB + 488RC4
    // Nikkor 35 f/1.8..........// Sigma 500 mm f/8

My website: http://www.dennisdolkens.nl

Hey Doug--I'm guessing that's a Civil War era fort? It looks similar to Fort Point, built to defend SF Bay during the Civil War.
    Adam
    -------------
    Canon 60D & lenses & flashes & stuff
    A bunch of cheap vintage film cameras

My Etsy store

Thanks guys! DPR, I'm not too good at HDR. I have another one that need HDR more than this one. If I can get it to work I'll post it.
    Lukas

Camera: Anonymous
    I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

Flickr

This pic was taken by my girlfriend, and I thought it looks great so I'm sharing here with you guys (she doesn't have an account on here, so I'm posting it for her). She took it a while ago, but I'm just getting around to post it:

flickr link

Quote Originally Posted by Turo View Post
    This pic was taken by my girlfriend, and I thought it looks great so I'm sharing here with you guys (she doesn't have an account on here, so I'm posting it for her). She took it a while ago, but I'm just getting around to post it:

Where is it?