Hi everyone,

Have a question for you? Has anyone heard anything on the
    compatibility of the new Tamron 18-200 XR Di II digital lens
    with the Canon 10D digital body? One store(B&H) has told me, and
    they have it posted on their web site that it is only compatible
    with the Canon 20D and Rebal series of camera,s. Yet when I
    make a call to the Tamron home office they were very nice in
    telling me that according to their people it is compatible with the
    Canon 10D 20D and the Rebal series of the digital camera,s.
    I have no way of making any physical comparison wright now, so
    I thought I would ask the group.
    This is the lens I had planed on buying to use with my 10D as a
    walk around lens. I think it would make a good one.
    Thanks,
    Tom2

Tamron email says it will work but....

I emailed Tamron about the B& H warning and they answered the lens will work on the Canon 10D and they are moving to correct the statement.

I was interested in this lens because I have two other Di lenses, the 28-75 and the 180 Macro, how ever after seeing the samples being posted I the 18-200 does not have the same quality. I couldn't accept the CA it produces. I also tried the Sigma 18-125 and returned it due to very bad vignetting.

It would be nice to travel with a lens of this range but I'm afraid they have not yet reached acceptable quality.

Glenn

Glenn-

I just received a Tokina 24-200mm F3.5-5.6 lens on Thursday. It was well priced at B & H and with the lens on my 20D it has given some very good results. I also posted a link to some sample photos from the Tokina over in the dSLR Chat folder.

Sarah Joyce

Sarah,

I just posted a note on your photo's Post before seeing this. Won't repeat myself so I'll just say I think you made a good choice and I think I'll follow your example.

Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by GlennD
    I emailed Tamron about the B& H warning and they answered the lens will work on the Canon 10D and they are moving to correct the statement.

I was interested in this lens because I have two other Di lenses, the 28-75 and the 180 Macro, how ever after seeing the samples being posted I the 18-200 does not have the same quality. I couldn't accept the CA it produces. I also tried the Sigma 18-125 and returned it due to very bad vignetting.

It would be nice to travel with a lens of this range but I'm afraid they have not yet reached acceptable quality.

Glenn
    Thanks. No need to post a reply on the Sigma on the dSLR thread as you have answered my question. I do get some minor vignetting on my D70 with the 18-125, but the utilitarian value outweighs the vignetting for my use.

Unfortunately the 24-200 was too long for my day-to-day needs, as I use 18mm quite a bit. I was hoping that either the Tamron or Sigma 18-200 would be up to the task, but apparently the Tamron is not looking too promising. Could you direct us to the review on the Tamron?

Thanks.
    D7000, D70, CP990, CP900, FE.
    50mm f/1.8, Sigma 18-125, Sigma 24-70 f/2.8, Nikon 18-105 VR, Nikon 55-200 VR, Nikon 43-86 f/3.5 AiS, Vivitar 28-90 F/2.8-3.5 Macro, Vivitar 75-205 F/3.8-4.8, SB800.
    Ha! See, I can change...

http://d70fan.smugmug.com/

jhnery Guest

Tom2

I've had the Tamron 18-200 on my Canon 10D for about one week now and everything seems to be working fine.

John