Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Hybrid View

Ruined Nikon N-90 body - want digital replacement to use N-90 lenses

I have an N-90 body that melted in my car. I have a 28-70 zoom, a 105 Micro, and a 70-210 D? zoom for it, all in perfect shape.

Is there an inexpensive digital body I can buy to use these lenses - doesn't have to be the latest stuff.

Also, I don't know how to compare 35mm to digital focal lengths so I really don't know what I have.Many thanks - Rick

Why not try to find a used one online?

I think the N-90 body equivalent in the digital world would be the D700 or D800, but I'm pretty sure you'd be okay with the D600.
    Nikon D40|Nikon D5100|AF-S 50mm f/1.4|AF-S 18-105mm DX|SB 900|SB 400|AF-S 35mm f/1.8 DX|AF-S 10-24mm DX

Canon A610

Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by rickyc View Post
    Also, I don't know how to compare 35mm to digital focal lengths so I really don't know what I have.Many thanks - Rick
    There is no conversion for full frame digital cameras (such as D600, 700 or 800 in the case of Nikon). For cameras with sensors smaller than 35mm you have the crop factor - basically a number you can multiply the focal length of your lenses with. Broadly speaking, you have the APS-H sensors which give you the crop factor of 1.3 (I think there's only a handful of Canon cameras that fall into this category) and the APS-C sensors which give you a crop factor between 1.5 and 1.7. Most of the non-full frame cameras you can get these days would fall into this category.