Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Thread: Pro-album?

Pro-album?

Yes, I know ... it's been forever and then some (for anyone who is here who remembers me).

My son is getting married this summer. I have several options for the photography. One option is to have the photographer take the pictures, and give them to me on a CD. I can make the album myself. However, I have no idea where to go to make a pro wedding album for the bride and groom, as well as the parents albums. When my daughter got married, I got a parents album. It had 20 pages (I added more), and the pictures were not put into the page; they are printed onto the page. I can take a picture to show you what I mean.

Any idea where to get that done professionally? The photographer I am talking to says he know of no web site that does it. I thought smug mug does, but I can't figure it out.

Name:  photo1.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  80.7 KB

Name:  photo2.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  90.6 KB

Name:  photo3.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  84.0 KB
    Last edited by mugsisme; 04-25-2013 at 05:14 PM. Reason: added photos
    Leah
    Nikon D90, because I have a nice Mom.
    Nikon 18-105 VR kit lens | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 |
    Nikon 35mm f/1.8G |
    Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8 HSM |Nikon 70-300mm f/4-5.6G VR
    SB 600 & SB400

Canon G9 "borrowed" from my step-father

flickr

I remember you Mugs but I can't answer the question. What did the big search engine have to say?
    D800, D300, D90, 24-70 f2.8, 70-200VR f2.8, 300 F4, 105 micro, 16-85VR, 50mm 1.8, Tammy 90 macro, 70-300VR, SB900, 2xSB600, MB-D10, 055XPROB 322RC2. New computers to run photoshop faster. C&C always appreciated. PhotoGallery
    Pressing the shutter is the start of the process - Joe McNally ... Buying the body is the start of the process - Dread Pirate

That's a pretty old(classic) looking album style. For all my lab printing needs, which includes books and albums, I go here... http://www.hhcolorlab.com/ You can also try a place dedicated solely for wedding albums like.. http://www.renaissancealbums.com/ I am not sure where you are located and if these places would be viable for you, but its what I have used/use and am very pleased. H&H has there own ordering software that lets you basically "Drag n drop" photos to create your album, pretty user friendly. Their customer service is outstanding as well, and if you wanted to forgo creating the album on your own, they'll do it for you for a fee. Another option is computer software such as Album Design. I have used this with great success to create my collage and pano album pages. You really do have several options available, good luck and let us know how it goes! Good to see you back, too!
    Jason

"A coward dies a thousand deaths, a soldier dies but once."-2Pac

A bunch of Nikon stuff!

Thanks. I found places, but most of them are only for professionals. I will look into those sites Jason.

I have to buy an album for me, the couple, and the parents of the bride. But first I need to decide on a photographer. (I am in the US, on the East Coast.)
    Leah
    Nikon 35mm f/1.8G |
    SB 600 & SB400

flickr

Quote Originally Posted by mugsisme View Post
    Yes, I know ... it's been forever and then some (for anyone who is here who remembers me).

My son is getting married this summer. I have several options for the photography. One option is to have the photographer take the pictures, and give them to me on a CD. I can make the album myself. However, I have no idea where to go to make a pro wedding album for the bride and groom, as well as the parents albums. When my daughter got married, I got a parents album. It had 20 pages (I added more), and the pictures were not put into the page; they are printed onto the page. I can take a picture to show you what I mean.

Any idea where to get that done professionally? The photographer I am talking to says he know of no web site that does it. I thought smug mug does, but I can't figure it out.
    In my marriage I hired professional photographer. It was surely expensive deal but I got best pics. It is huge occasion and we must make it special with lovely pics

Welcome to the forum Karl.

Mugs it is concerning that your pro doesn't know sites for printing albums.
    D800, D300, D90, 24-70 f2.8, 70-200VR f2.8, 300 F4, 105 micro, 16-85VR, 50mm 1.8, Tammy 90 macro, 70-300VR, SB900, 2xSB600, MB-D10, 055XPROB 322RC2. New computers to run photoshop faster. C&C always appreciated. PhotoGallery
    Pressing the shutter is the start of the process - Joe McNally ... Buying the body is the start of the process - Dread Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Dread Pirate Roberts View Post
    Welcome to the forum Karl.

Mugs it is concerning that your pro doesn't know sites for printing albums.
    I have a feeling he wants me to buy from him, rather than not knowing ... It's fine. I am putting this part on hold.
    Leah
    Nikon 35mm f/1.8G |
    SB 600 & SB400

flickr

I would use a photographer if you have the budget becasue they have access to the high end album makers. The on -line books usually look warn out after a few viewings. It is worth it to use a professional company and he can recommend a few to you. Many professional companies onlywork with photographers.

I like Bay Photo. I haven't made an album with them, but I'm sure they do it.
    Lukas

Camera: Anonymous
    I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

Flickr