Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Threaded View

Dreads Big USA Holiday

I know this a photography forum not a holiday blog ... but Jeff can you live with me posting a few photos each day as I travel across the USA (from LA to NY) with a few words about my experience?

I'm also keen to get a bit of travel advice both as I go and as I plan.

So assuming this is ok as a thread and that since all photo's will be taken with a Nikon D800, D300 or D90 the Nikon section is an ok place for the thread (or psuedo blog) here goes some questions:

I'm not trying to make an exhaustive list but I'm looking for a few teasers around which to build my route plan - which I'll flesh out in more detail when I'm actually in the area. So here's what I have so far:

California:
    LA: Sunset Boulevard, a themed tour of some kind eg movie set locations, Disneyland, San Fransisco: Alcatraz, Golden Gate Bridge, Yellowstone, Sequoia, Kings Canyon, Death Valley

Colorado:
    Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Monument Valley

Arizona:
    Winslow Meteor crater

New Mexico:
    Gila Cliff Dwellings, White Sands Missile Range

Texas:
    Glen Rose Dinosaur prints

I haven't found much yet between Oklahoma and Chicago - has anyone got some point form suggestions (so I know what to google)?
    In Oklahoma, due to a lack of better ideas I'm considering doing Route 66 historical Americana stuff and Indian culture

Illinois:
    Chicago, Museum of Science and Industry, Museum of Natural History, sky scrapers

Ohio:
    National Aircraft Museum

New York:
    Niagara, B&H, Staten Island Ferry, Statue of Liberty, Central Park, Museums
    Last edited by Dread Pirate Roberts; 03-10-2013 at 06:55 AM.
    D800, D300, D90, 24-70 f2.8, 70-200VR f2.8, 300 F4, 105 micro, 16-85VR, 50mm 1.8, Tammy 90 macro, 70-300VR, SB900, 2xSB600, MB-D10, 055XPROB 322RC2. New computers to run photoshop faster. C&C always appreciated. PhotoGallery
    Pressing the shutter is the start of the process - Joe McNally ... Buying the body is the start of the process - Dread Pirate