Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Threaded View

Terra Australis Incognita

Dreads Big USA Holiday

I know this a photography forum not a holiday blog ... but Jeff can you live with me posting a few photos each day as I travel across the USA (from LA to NY) with a few words about my experience?

I'm also keen to get a bit of travel advice both as I go and as I plan.

So assuming this is ok as a thread and that since all photo's will be taken with a Nikon D800, D300 or D90 the Nikon section is an ok place for the thread (or psuedo blog) here goes some questions:

I'm not trying to make an exhaustive list but I'm looking for a few teasers around which to build my route plan - which I'll flesh out in more detail when I'm actually in the area. So here's what I have so far:

LA: Sunset Boulevard, a themed tour of some kind eg movie set locations, Disneyland, San Fransisco: Alcatraz, Golden Gate Bridge, Yellowstone, Sequoia, Kings Canyon, Death Valley

Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Monument Valley

Winslow Meteor crater

New Mexico:
    Gila Cliff Dwellings, White Sands Missile Range

Glen Rose Dinosaur prints

I haven't found much yet between Oklahoma and Chicago - has anyone got some point form suggestions (so I know what to google)?
    In Oklahoma, due to a lack of better ideas I'm considering doing Route 66 historical Americana stuff and Indian culture

Chicago, Museum of Science and Industry, Museum of Natural History, sky scrapers

National Aircraft Museum

New York:
    Niagara, B&H, Staten Island Ferry, Statue of Liberty, Central Park, Museums
    Last edited by Dread Pirate Roberts; 03-10-2013 at 07:55 AM.
    D800, D300, D90, 24-70 f2.8, 70-200VR f2.8, 300 F4, 105 micro, 16-85VR, 50mm 1.8, Tammy 90 macro, 70-300VR, SB900, 2xSB600, MB-D10, 055XPROB 322RC2. New computers to run photoshop faster. C&C always appreciated. PhotoGallery
    Pressing the shutter is the start of the process - Joe McNally ... Buying the body is the start of the process - Dread Pirate