Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Problem Shooting High Res Photos with Cyber-shot Digital Camera HX200V

Hi,

Hope someone can help. I recently bought a Sony Cyber-shot Digital Camera HX200V. I bought it to take photos for my computer graphics class.

The images are always low resolution and pixelate really bad in photoshop when viewing at 100%

This creates serious problems when trying to do various things with the photo. I can't have those pixels showing.

My teacher says the camera is taking low resolution photos or it is a piece of junk.

I have tried the icamera and icamera+ settings. I get the macro flower on screen etc. Still it takes a really crappy photo.

Anybody know what I might can do to ensure high resolution photos are taken?

I have read the manual and it's just not addressed.

Thanks
    Over 40 & Back to School
    http://www.SkeeterZ71.com

This camera has a sensor with 18.2 effective megapixels, which is pretty high resolution, so I suspect it is set on a low resolution setting such as VGA (640 x 480 pixels). There are six settings you can choose from. Go to MENU (Shooting) --> Still image size --> choose desired size. The largest size is 4896 x 3672 pixels, which will allow you easily to print out at A3 size and will more than fill your monitor.

Note that in Easy Mode, the menu will only allow you to choose between Large (18mp) and Small (5mp) resolutions.
    Last edited by Sir Les; 02-06-2013 at 05:18 PM.
    Nikon D7000 and a bunch of Nikon stuff oh, and some Canon p&s's too