Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    July - Tuxedo Kitty - This one pretty much speaks for itself
    Name:  07.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  421.0 KB

August - Tilt Shift Arrives - We actually got a decent sunset this evening, but it was a less than spectacular location. Here's another weird portrait of my wife.
    Name:  08.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  360.3 KB

September - Alviso - Finally photography season is here! This shot is another product of the drought. Down in San Jose some of the lakes completely dried out leaving some rad foregrounds. I was only able to make it down there a couple times before the rains came. This was my first trip to the Alviso and it just happened to coincide with one of the best sunsets of the year.
    Name:  09.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  564.2 KB

October - Golden Gate - Almost every Bay Area shooter wants to have some foggy Golden Gate Bride shots in their portfolio and I'm no different.
    Name:  10.jpg
Size:  403.1 KB

November - Fitz Roy, Patagonia - This is my favorite shot from our trip to Argentina. One 2 week trip to Patagonia and I've spent more time there than in Yosemite. I tend to take Yosemite for granted because it's easy to get to. Hopefully I can take more advantage in the future.
    Name:  11.jpg
Size:  651.8 KB

December - Oregon Coast - We finished up the year with a couple road trips. This shot is from a gorgeous spot just across the Oregon border. Glad to have finally broken the ice with one of the most beautiful states around.
    Name:  12.jpg
Size:  249.0 KB

That's it!
    Lukas

Camera: Anonymous
    I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

Flickr

Nice set Lukas, April, October and December are my favourite images really beautiful. Good to see the quirky ones too and the shot of your art show. Looks like you had some pretty special shots on display, I'd have thought they would have sold themselves.
    Around every picture there's a corner & round every corner there's a picture
    - the fun's in finding them

Quote Originally Posted by Phill D View Post
    Brandon I love crisp sharp shots and those are really ace. Brilliant thanks for joining in. Of all of them it's December that works best for me its a super image but best of all it just made me laugh.
    Thanks Phill! There's a tiny bit of story behind December. My pets are a really big deal to me, and my friends at work have to suffer my endless photos and discussions of them. I had been wanting to get a photo of one wearing a Santa hat for a LONG time, but was never able to find a hat small enough. This year, a friend of mine found the perfect gecko-sized hat for me. The resulting photo brought a lot of good laughs at the office.

-Brandon
    --
    BlindEye

Lukas -

I always enjoy your landscape photos here. Of your 12, I like January for bubbles trapped in the ice, February for the silky water, April and December for the foggy/hazy look. My absolute favorite of the 12 (and as best I can recall, of all of your postings) is September. That particular landscape looks so un-Earthly and amazing.

I'm really surprised that your art showings were not extremely successful.

-Brandon
    --
    BlindEye

Unfortunately the Art Photo market isn't what it used to be, as there are a ton of good photographers with the tools to be very good.

Lucas, your shots are always magnificent, and even with what I said in the first sentance, I would expect your shows to do well.

Time of year?

George
    D7000, D70, CP990, CP900, FE.
    50mm f/1.8, Sigma 18-125, Sigma 24-70 f/2.8, Nikon 18-105 VR, Nikon 55-200 VR, Nikon 43-86 f/3.5 AiS, Vivitar 28-90 F/2.8-3.5 Macro, Vivitar 75-205 F/3.8-4.8, SB800.
    Ha! See, I can change...

http://d70fan.smugmug.com/

Brilliant idea, I could never just pick one shot for the whole year. However, I do have the problem that many months had not much happening, or else had multiple pictures that were good. So here's a bunch of risk free landscapes (all the good people shots were from competitive months).

January. Unknown mountain range, Nevada.
    Name:  01P1227961cs.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  694.0 KB

February is usually one of my off months.
    Name:  02P1010911s.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  509.7 KB

Just walking around (March not much better than February)
    Name:  03P3048147baas.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  279.8 KB

April Slightly dry Black Dragon Pool, Lijiang, China.
    Name:  04P1011401s.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  532.3 KB

May Ruby Lake Pano beat any shots I had in Alaska because of the hurry of my work schedule.
    Name:  05P5060818a_stitchs.jpg
Size:  148.0 KB

June Came for the flowers which didn't come out because of the dry year, stayed for the clouds.
    Name:  06P6020997as.jpg
Size:  282.5 KB

Continued...

July Up in the (Same ol') mountains
    Name:  07P7211378s.jpg
Size:  406.0 KB

Not much happened in August. I was out and about in some beautiful and remote places for 14 days, but I spent nearly every last minute trying to shoot a deer with an arrow, which isn't as easy as it sounds if you've never done it (no I didn't shoot one, but I got close a few times).
    Name:  08P8121551s.jpg
Size:  484.3 KB

September See above commentary
    Name:  09P9010149as.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  500.0 KB

October Finally got some free time in the wilderness
    Name:  10PA070690s.jpg
Size:  508.9 KB

November is an off month
    Name:  11PB250108_stitchs.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  267.6 KB

December... star trails
    Name:  2012-12-24 midnight hour3&4+2+ALLas.jpg
Size:  458.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Phill D View Post
    Here's hoping this forum lives long and prospers.
    Phill, I like January, August, and November best. April, May, and December aren't bad either.

Quote Originally Posted by blindeye View Post
    Have to say I like February (because of the context in the background), March (because of the shear cute hideousness of it all), and December (because of the humor) best. Please tell me you actually got that gecko to wear a hat and didn't just photoshop it in.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWengler View Post
    That's it!
    Have to say my personal preferences are February (I was persuaded I like this one by the framed version in the art show shot), September, and November. December and October aren't bad either.