Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

View Poll Results: Would you rather have the DCRP forums remain open, or have a private forum on DPR

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep the DCRP forums!

22 95.65%
  • A private forum on dpreview.com is fine

1 4.35%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Should the forums stay open?

In lieu of creating a private forum on dpreview, I can always keep these forums open. What do you all think?
    Jeff Keller
    Founder/Editor, Digital Camera Resource Page

Jeff, there is a lot of history in this forum. Seems a true shame to just blow it all away.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

If this forum remains open I will always come here post a few things now and then like I used to.
    Nikon D90, D80
    Nikkor 16-85mm AF-S DX F/3.5-5.6G ED VR, Tamron SP AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) macro, Nikkor 50mm F/1.4D, Nikkor 50mm F/1.8D, Nikkor AF-S VR 70-300mm F/4.5-5.6G IF-ED, Sigma 105mm F/2.8 EX DG Macro ||| 2x SB800 | SB600 ||| Manfrotto 190XB

Quote Originally Posted by tim11 View Post
    If this forum remains open I will always come here post a few things now and then like I used to.

Same here but I will not be going to DPReview.

Although I may not be a frequent poster, I am a frequent visitor. I would very much like to see the forums remain open.
    --
    BlindEye

I would very much support keeping the forum open if at all possible, and asked Jeff this question a couple of weeks ago. I also intimated I would be prepared to contribute financially (along with any other members who cared to contribute), if this were the only factor involved in retaining or closing the forum.

Personally, I like the fact that the forum doesn't get hundreds of posts a day like some other forums. It allows me to keep up with what's being posted, and also to get to know the posters and their work better on a more individual basis. And there's some terrific stuff posted here almost daily. Add to that the fact that this is one of the easiest forums to navigate and post photos to, and has the friendliest membership, and you can see why I'd like it to continue for as long as possible.
    Nikon D7000 and a bunch of Nikon stuff oh, and some Canon p&s's too

Keeping these forums open is nice...but is there a significant cost to you Jeff?
    Nikon D40|Nikon D5100|AF-S 50mm f/1.4|AF-S 18-105mm DX|SB 900|SB 400|AF-S 35mm f/1.8 DX|AF-S 10-24mm DX

Canon A610

Flickr

Jeff,

If it does not have a negative financial impact on you, then I am for keeping the forums open. Oterwise you should do what is best for you.

Ditto from me too if you can do it.
    Around every picture there's a corner & round every corner there's a picture
    - the fun's in finding them

Thanks Jeff, that's great news!
    Nikon D7000 and a bunch of Nikon stuff oh, and some Canon p&s's too