Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Official "The DCRP is closing" thread

As indicated in this news item, I will be no longer be updating the Digital Camera Resource Page website after the end of this year. I will be moving over to DPReview, where I will be a Senior Editor. Believe me, it was not an easy decision. A extra big thank you to our loyal forum members for their support and feedback.

I will be sending e-mails out to everyone about how they can join a private "DCRP Forum" on dpreview once that's set up in a few months.

Feel free to post your thoughts and memories of the DCRP in this thread.

Best,
    Jeff
    Jeff Keller
    Founder/Editor, Digital Camera Resource Page

Wow. That's pretty big. Congratulations I suppose is in order. Aswell as thank you for providing the forum all this time.

My favorite moments here are all about the characters we have posted with.

razr educating us on lens aperture. That was so bizarre and funny at the same time i almost peed my pants laughing. link is here:
    http://www.dcresource.com/forums/sho...?34951-Apature
    funniest thread of all time.

Don's rabid Sony fanboyism followed by incessant whining about Sony not having developed a dslr that could teleport you to mars or not having the nuclear launch codes was great stuff.

Coldrain arguing with anything and anyone.
    Last edited by Rooz; 12-17-2012 at 12:08 AM.
    D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

Sad news Jeff but I must say not entirely unexpected.
    Thanks for the ride over the last 7 or 8 years that I have known about this site. I have not always agreed with your reviews but I do believe that you have always been honest and presented things as you see them.
    All the best for the future maybe we will catch up somewhere else in the virtual world.

Jeff,
    Thank you for dcresource. This is the only photography site that I join and have learned a lot from it. In fact, most things I learned regarding photography I learned from this forum.
    Good luck with your new endavour.
    Nikon D90, D80
    Nikkor 16-85mm AF-S DX F/3.5-5.6G ED VR, Tamron SP AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) macro, Nikkor 50mm F/1.4D, Nikkor 50mm F/1.8D, Nikkor AF-S VR 70-300mm F/4.5-5.6G IF-ED, Sigma 105mm F/2.8 EX DG Macro ||| 2x SB800 | SB600 ||| Manfrotto 190XB

What exact date is the closing date Jeff?
    Nikon D90, D80
    Nikkor 16-85mm AF-S DX F/3.5-5.6G ED VR, Tamron SP AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) macro, Nikkor 50mm F/1.4D, Nikkor 50mm F/1.8D, Nikkor AF-S VR 70-300mm F/4.5-5.6G IF-ED, Sigma 105mm F/2.8 EX DG Macro ||| 2x SB800 | SB600 ||| Manfrotto 190XB

Jeff, A begrudging congratulations. I feel happy for the opportunity for you and a bit sad that this is ending. I wish this place had monetized better but I guess it's the nature of the net to have many fly bye problem solution seekers with only a small % hanging around.

Many many thank you's for providing the hang out for all these years. I've learnt a lot here and will miss it. My favourite memory is your D300 review that single handedly put me on the Nikon path, no it's Rooz telling me to crank my iso, no it's Lukas' seascapes, no it's watching Faisal's progress, no it's SSil talking me into shooting Raw, no it's K1W1 inciting me to buy the 70-200. Hell you get the idea, too much good stuff to single anything out.

Fare well
    Stephen
    D800, D300, D90, 24-70 f2.8, 70-200VR f2.8, 300 F4, 105 micro, 16-85VR, 50mm 1.8, Tammy 90 macro, 70-300VR, SB900, 2xSB600, MB-D10, 055XPROB 322RC2. New computers to run photoshop faster. C&C always appreciated. PhotoGallery
    Pressing the shutter is the start of the process - Joe McNally ... Buying the body is the start of the process - Dread Pirate

All the best, you did give hints about the future of this site and I'm glad that you found a solution. My first "serious" camera purchase, the Canon A610, was based on your Canon A620 review.

While this site won't be updated obviously, will it sort of be "archived" and still exist?
    Nikon D40|Nikon D5100|AF-S 50mm f/1.4|AF-S 18-105mm DX|SB 900|SB 400|AF-S 35mm f/1.8 DX|AF-S 10-24mm DX

Canon A610

Flickr

Jeff,

Thanks for all the years. I never bought a camera without consulting your site. That is great news that you will be moving over to DPReview.

Jeff,

Wow, so sorry to see the site go, but glad that you will make a soft landing at dpreview. I think I have been here since that first year. I have always referred others to your reviews and generally enjoyed the forums. Certainly will miss those folks from the other side of the world that have hung in as well. I have always found this forum to be a bit more civil and less filled with rabid brand attacks that serve little purpose. A lot of this may be due to the smaller (bad for you) active base. Even dpreivews forums seem to have slowed substantially in the past year. I think it is the impact of other social media stealing everyone's free keyboard time.

I will certainly miss my few Olympus co-posters. It might be great if those 10-20 of us who have been active would post or PM our dpreview forum ID's. Mine is the same there, kgosden.

I just wanted to say thanks for all your hard work and effort over the years to support the community and to provide accurate digital camera reviews with usable and comparable objective stats and photos. I also enjoy your subjective comments and opinions on the cameras about how they felt, etc. I check DCRP once to twice a day and madly hit the refresh button. Over the years you have helped me make large purchasing decisions for 6 or 7 cameras that have all been great choices, as I knew they would from your reviews. When people ask me my secret, I tell them that I read DCRP reviews religiously.

Keep up the excellent work at DPReview. I will look forward to reading your reviews over there as I am already a member and also use the information they provide.

Hopefully your SF Skyline night shots will continue for camera comparison. Love it as I live in East Bay.

*cheers* :-)
    Augestflex