Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tekriter View Post
    Jeff, I'm truly sorry to see this site close down.

I have always recommended this site to anyone who wanted to know about digital photography, and especially those who wanted help in choosing a new camera. Plus, the forums have always been a treat!

By the way, the first time I saw this site I was on a Power Computing machine...
    Oh man, stab me in the heart with that last line! Those were the days...
    Jeff Keller
    Founder/Editor, Digital Camera Resource Page

Quote Originally Posted by kgosden View Post
    Jeff,

What, not enough fog and drizzle in SF? I am guessing you will be hoping for nice evenings to shot from Kerry Park on Queen Anne hill. I think I have had one visit out of five to Seattle when I could see Rainier from there.
    Yeah I'm hoping so!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Cobra View Post
    Thanks for the memories! Waiving!
    Thanks man!

Quote Originally Posted by NewsyBC View Post
    Congrats Jeff. I have been reading your reviews and visiting your site almost daily since 2000. I'm really going to miss the Purple Fringing Tunnel of Doom. I hope you can bring this to your new role. It was the first image sample I pointed friends to when they asked me to help them pick out a camera. All the best. See you on DP Review.
    I'm going to have to look for a new purple fringing tunnel in Seattle. I'm thinking UW is a good place to check!
    Jeff Keller

Jeff, sorry to see you go. This has been my only camera review site for about 10 years, and my every camera purchase was made on your recommendations. I will be looking for you at your new site, but will always miss DRCP. I had hoped things would turn around.

Thanks for your great reviews; the only ones I've trusted,
    Regards,
    Dennis

Jeff, this is not unexpected but so sad nonetheless.

Yours was the first digital photography site I came across when embarking on the purchase of a Pentax camera back in 2001.Can't even remember it's name now.Various upgrades over the years .Always turned to your reviews before proceeding.I have been a regular lurker and intermittent poster in the forums, too intermittent lately like many others .

Glad to see you have found a role with DPR, all the best with that, and the move to Seattle.

Canon 60D,
    Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4.0 DC Macro OS HSM,
    Canon 18-55 f3.5-5.6 IS,
    Canon Speedlite 270EX

Panasonic Lumix DMC GF3,
    Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6

Jeff,
    Sometimes I see images of a huge cat in some of your camera testings.
    And I just saw this on the Ricoh RDC-4200 review. Is that the same cat? If it is, is she/he going to a new job with you?
    Name:  sm_RIM00003.JPG
Views: 475
Size:  20.4 KB

Man... digital cameras were so basic back then...
    Nikon D90, D80
    Nikkor 16-85mm AF-S DX F/3.5-5.6G ED VR, Tamron SP AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) macro, Nikkor 50mm F/1.4D, Nikkor 50mm F/1.8D, Nikkor AF-S VR 70-300mm F/4.5-5.6G IF-ED, Sigma 105mm F/2.8 EX DG Macro ||| 2x SB800 | SB600 ||| Manfrotto 190XB

Well, your site was extremely helpful in my introduction to photography. There were many great reviews I read over the years and valued your opinion very much. For a number of years I enjoyed participating in the forums. I wish you well in the future and thank you for running such a wonderful site. I have to admit when I saw your name come up at dpreview it made me smile to know your reviews will still be forth coming.
    Thanks for all your hard work,
    Rich
    - Rich

Nikon: D50, 18-70mm, 50mm, 70-200vr
    Kenko: 12mm, 20mm, 36mm Ext Tubes
    Manfrotto: 486RC2
    Benro: A-327 tripod

My Flickr Photos Here

Quote Originally Posted by tim11 View Post
    Jeff,
    Sometimes I see images of a huge cat in some of your camera testings.
    And I just saw this on the Ricoh RDC-4200 review. Is that the same cat? If it is, is she/he going to a new job with you?
    Name:  sm_RIM00003.JPG
Views: 475
Size:  20.4 KB

Man... digital cameras were so basic back then...
    Unfortunately that cat (cupcake) passed away quite a few years ago. Zoe and Flame (current cats) will be joining me in Seattle. Unfortunately we have to drive there (12 hours), which is not going to be fun.
    Jeff Keller

I had so many mixed emotions when I read the news about the site closing down, Jeff, especially after just celebrating its 15th anniversary! Of course I understand you can't keep draining yourself financially, just to give us happy snappers the best and most relevant camera reviews and a place to show off our latest masterpieces. But I shall miss the friendly atmosphere of this forum, and the sometimes truly stunning photographs taken by its contributors.

I think I once mentioned to you that the first things I turn to in your reviews are the photos of the entrance to Chinatown, and the interior of the church. These are my initial reference points for a camera's performance (particularly the church interior). Hopefully there's a similarly poorly-lit church interior in Seattle for you to use in your reviews!

From experience in maintaining a couple of relatively small websites and being a moderator of an international watch forum, I know there's a lot of time and effort involved, so thank you for 15 years' worth of hard yakka (Australian expression - look it up!). Like others have said, coming to your site has been both a pleasure and a learning experience, and I shall be sad to see it frozen in time. However, I wish you all the best in your new venture, and I look forward with interest to seeing more of your reviews and in particular, which landmark sites you select. Will we still see 'Curd Jurgens' (always gets me, that) and Melinda's hot mustard sauce?
    Nikon D7000 and a bunch of Nikon stuff oh, and some Canon p&s's too

Jeff,
    When you do reviews on DPreview make sure to put your mark clearly so I will read it. LOL
    I haven't bought or recommend any camera to friends without first checking your review first.
    Nikon D90, D80
    Nikkor 16-85mm AF-S DX F/3.5-5.6G ED VR, Tamron SP AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) macro, Nikkor 50mm F/1.4D, Nikkor 50mm F/1.8D, Nikkor AF-S VR 70-300mm F/4.5-5.6G IF-ED, Sigma 105mm F/2.8 EX DG Macro ||| 2x SB800 | SB600 ||| Manfrotto 190XB

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Keller View Post
    I'm moving to Seattle in February. I have found a spot that may be a good substitute, though.
    This doesn't have anything to do with CreativeLive's success or is Seattle a big place with more than 1 creative endeavor going on?

PS I'm Dread Pirate Roberts again on DPReview, I just don't ever post there because it's a lot more intimidating than our salubrious gang.
    D800, D300, D90, 24-70 f2.8, 70-200VR f2.8, 300 F4, 105 micro, 16-85VR, 50mm 1.8, Tammy 90 macro, 70-300VR, SB900, 2xSB600, MB-D10, 055XPROB 322RC2. New computers to run photoshop faster. C&C always appreciated. PhotoGallery
    Pressing the shutter is the start of the process - Joe McNally ... Buying the body is the start of the process - Dread Pirate