Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    To all of you who are saying goodbye... feel free to hang around and give your input and support to the new folks who show up, and even help some of us long-time readers and contributors with new equipment questions, and critiques.

That's how we all grow our skills, and knowledge, for this passion we call photography.
    D7000, D70, CP990, CP900, FE.
    50mm f/1.8, Sigma 18-125, Sigma 24-70 f/2.8, Nikon 18-105 VR, Nikon 55-200 VR, Nikon 43-86 f/3.5 AiS, Vivitar 28-90 F/2.8-3.5 Macro, Vivitar 75-205 F/3.8-4.8, SB800.
    Ha! See, I can change...

http://d70fan.smugmug.com/

Thanks to Jeff for being my guide in every digital camera purchase I have made since developing an interest in the hobby nine years ago.

sad to see that this forum is closing.

I strongly suggest that you do not close the sites as many users are still rely on the forum to get the problem solved.

I'm glad the forums will stay around. I hope the reviews, even though there won't be new ones, will be available as archived material. I still refer to them for various info.; they are some of the best anywhere.
    A350, A200
    Tamron 70-200 SP AF DI-LD 77mm, Tamron 70-300 58mm, Minolta AF 50, Minolta AF 100 55mm, Sigma 20-70 52mm, Tamron 200-400 77mm, Tamron 28-300 XR DI-LD 62mm, Tamron 28-80 58mm, Minolta AF 70-210 55mm, Tamron 1.4 teleconverter, Sony 75-300 55mm, Sony 18-70 55mm, Sigma EF 530 flash, Canon S3.
    Go Beavs!

Thank you for this site. I feel terrible that you have had to shut it down.

Would/could you please put a support/donate button on the site? I would like to contribute in order to help keep the database/archive on-line. The database has been invaluable to me since I buy mostly used equipment due to budget constraints. Now I want to upgrade again, and your site is the one that can make that possible thanks to your well organized archive database and reviews. It is always my first stop, then I follow up my selections from here. I would truly hate to see it disappear.

I have spent hours and hours on DCResource over the years. I also greatly appreciated the consistent outdoor real world shots and I've often marveled at how much work you did in order to provide those. I feel like I've actually been to some of the places you regularly photograph, I've looked at so many shots of the same scene. I use them to judge every camera. I will be following you over to DP Review and I sincerely hope you will be able to provide the equivalent.

Thanks again.
    Last edited by firefly46110; 08-17-2013 at 08:34 AM. Reason: freudian slip ;)

If you follow the 'about' link on the menu bar you will find the donate link at the bottom of the about page.

Jeff . . . I'm glad you have continued to keep this forum up. I still refer to it for information. Now as for your new presence over at DPReview . . . I wish they would be using you a lot more than they have been. If things don't change with the beginning of the New Year 2014, I think you might want to re-explore the idea of reopening this site and going back on your own again (perhaps with the necessary changes you deem fit). You might want to narrow your coverage to just enthusists and higher in order to concentrate and narrow focus to that range of users. Smartphones have all but killed the little pocket digicams anyway so why even bother reviewing those anymore.

DPReview is a very "slick" site with some cool features (I especially like the equipment comparison tools) but their forums are now filled with juveniles who seem to have little to no photography knowledge or tolerance for the opinions of others. Way too much flame bait fan-boy fighting and unprofessional comments being made on that site and I have stopped commenting there completely. I've notice a good many other old timers have stopped for the same reason.

Anyway, you are missed and personally I liked it much better when YOU were in control of your own site and could do things the "Jeff" way. Well, give it some thought and either way good luck to you again in 2014. Gez . . . I sure do miss this site right here.

Congratulations! And, like all others said here, thank you for everything you've done for us, awesome!

One request, once over at DPR, please tell the website folks to loose that ridiculous white text on black background, it not only hurts my eyes trying to read, but it's against EVERY single user experience case study. Don't believe me, just ask Google.

I'll for sure will dearly miss the very peasant layout of your site!