Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Yes, thank for the hard work and dedication, Jeff.

Also, Rooz, don't forget that International Man of Mystery, Firearms Expert, and Photographer Extraordinaire: Rhys.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooz View Post
    Wow. That's pretty big. Congratulations I suppose is in order. Aswell as thank you for providing the forum all this time.

My favorite moments here are all about the characters we have posted with.

razr educating us on lens aperture. That was so bizarre and funny at the same time i almost peed my pants laughing. link is here:
    http://www.dcresource.com/forums/sho...?34951-Apature
    funniest thread of all time.

Don's rabid Sony fanboyism followed by incessant whining about Sony not having developed a dslr that could teleport you to mars or not having the nuclear launch codes was great stuff.

Coldrain arguing with anything and anyone.
    Last edited by AdamW; 12-18-2012 at 09:40 AM.
    Adam
    -------------
    Canon 60D & lenses & flashes & stuff
    A bunch of cheap vintage film cameras

My Etsy store

Quote Originally Posted by jr_rodriguez View Post
    I had just logged in to tell the gang about my latest purchase, when I read the news. Not great news but honestly, in light of what's happened in CT, USA, I can't say I'm deeply saddened. Sure I'm not happy about the site going away, but we need to keep things in perspective -- no human lives lost here.
    Well I think you meant well but I'm not understanding this response. Why are you even attempting to compare a mass killing tragedy with this site shutting down? I mean let's get real here . . . of course the tragic loss of 20 chidlren is more sad, but saying that you can't say your deeply saddened at the closure of this site, merely because there's another story out there that is MORE tragic is grossfly unfair to Jeff. It is totally unnecessary to say there's a tragedy somewhere on the planet that is MORE important than the closure here. Can we just keep to the subject and leave out the poltical / social drama of other news stories? We're all very saddened at that masacre but we can indeed ALSO be saddened at this sites closure at the same time. It is not a competition for saddest story of the week.

No matter what, this site has been there. I took a couple of years off from photography, but DCRP (home) was still here when I came back.

Rhys was gone, but I digress...

You have been a great on-line frieind to us all, and we appreciate the dedication, and great (and honest) reviews. The world of digital cameras has changed significantly, and yes somewhere around here I still have my Ricoh 4200, and I'm looking nostalgically at my original digital camera, a Casio QV200, and CP900, and CP990. I loved the tilt head cameras.

I'm hoping that we can all get together at DPR, and once again read your reviews of the latest and greatest. It's the end of an era, but hey, that happens. I'm overjoyed at your prospects, and must say you've earned that respect as a senior editor.

I may have to change my name to D7000Fan, but the jury is still out (maybe D4Fan).

George
    Last edited by D70FAN; 12-18-2012 at 12:07 PM.
    D7000, D70, CP990, CP900, FE.
    50mm f/1.8, Sigma 18-125, Sigma 24-70 f/2.8, Nikon 18-105 VR, Nikon 55-200 VR, Nikon 43-86 f/3.5 AiS, Vivitar 28-90 F/2.8-3.5 Macro, Vivitar 75-205 F/3.8-4.8, SB800.
    Ha! See, I can change...

http://d70fan.smugmug.com/

Sorry to hijack the thread, but whilst we're talking about DPReview, I often have trouble getting pages to load from that site. Does anyone else have this problem, or is it just me?
    Nikon D7000 and a bunch of Nikon stuff oh, and some Canon p&s's too

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Les View Post
    Sorry to hijack the thread, but whilst we're talking about DPReview, I often have trouble getting pages to load from that site. Does anyone else have this problem, or is it just me?
    I have the odd trouble at work but not at home. My workplace does not keep all the browser stuff and plugins up to date.
    Nikon D40|Nikon D5100|AF-S 50mm f/1.4|AF-S 18-105mm DX|SB 900|SB 400|AF-S 35mm f/1.8 DX|AF-S 10-24mm DX

Canon A610

Flickr

Your review features on DPR ?

Jeff,

Sorry to hear DCResource will become inactive soon, but congrats on you new gig at DPR ! I will especially miss the super-clean "Printer-friendly Version" of each review, the extremely well done ISO-progression ladders, dynamic range comparisons, and purple fringe examples; the best on the web! Hope these features will carry over to DPR.

See you there!

Head north 'til you smack a polar bear, then crank it back 50 miles.
    Sorry to see you go Jeff. This was my first and most trusted site for camera/lens reviews and was the reason I bought my Canon P&S and both my Nikon DSLRs...
    Critique most definitely desired...

Like many others here have said, this was my first - and primary - camera review site. I started reading here back in 2000, resulting in the purchase of a Sony F707. Over the years, I've learned a load of great information from both the site and the forums. Again, as others have already said, these forums are set far apart from others on the web, due to its friendliness and fun nature.

I obviously don't know you personally, but I have a lot of respect for you, Jeff. Starting a website based around a personal hobby/passion, and making a 15-year living out of it. Congrats man, excellent work throughout the years. Thank you for your tremendous contributions to the world of digital photography. I wish you the best in the future.

Regards,
    -Brandon
    --
    BlindEye

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Keller View Post

I will be sending e-mails out to everyone about how they can join a private "DCRP Forum" on dpreview once that's set up in a few months.

Best,
    Jeff
    By email do you mean PM on this site? I'm not a fan of dpreview at all, but would join this "private forum" and read your wonderful reviews. Would you prefer i PM you my personal email so you can let me know when everything is set up? As i doubt ill check here much anymore then.

As for a memory, when i joined, it was to read your review of the Panasonic FZ20. Without reading the rules.... I PM'd you asking for your opinion on which was better the FZ15 or the FZ20. Had i read the rules, i would've seen you don't answer those! My bad! LOL

My photography life has completely blossomed from an enthusiast to someone that does this for a living, and i owe a big thank you to you, this site and the guys over in the Nikon DSLR forum. It was actually Coldrain that suggested my first DSLR.....a Nikon D50, and i haven't looked back.

I guess (hope) the best part of this site will still be alive, just at dpreview, and that's your reviews, and the wonderful members....if we get that private forum.

Have a safe trip to Seattle, enjoy your holidays and thank you for all the hard work. Thanks Jeff!
    Jason

"A coward dies a thousand deaths, a soldier dies but once."-2Pac

A bunch of Nikon stuff!

I haven't posted here in years, but I figured I should get in one more post before this forum is locked up.

This was one of the first camera review sites I discovered (along with dpreview and Steve's digicams), and it was always the one I would refer family, friends, acquaintances, and colleagues to when they asked me for advice. Not as technical or rigorous as dpreview, but very beginner-friendly, and from a trusted voice.

I also really liked the forum--while a good number of brands were represented, there was a small enough number of posters that you felt like you knew most of the people, and the various characters made it very entertaining. As I got more into DSLRs I migrated to a brand-specific forum, though I would drop in a few times a year, and it was nice to see some of the same posters still active. It always felt like coming home to where I started from in the digital photography world.

To see this place go is sad, but I understand the considerations behind it. Thanks for building a community here, Jeff, and for keeping it going for as long as you did. I will certainly miss it, and I have to figure out where I will send people in the future when I'm asked for camera advice.