Are you looking for a compact point & shoot camera, a DSLR, or something in between? (Or perhaps you haven't decided yet that's okay!) Point & shoot

Is this your first camera? First ever, or first digital? Been using a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ5, 9 megapixels, 10X optical for the last 4 yrs.

Are you interested in a high level of control, or would you prefer to let the camera do as much "thinking" as possible? let it think!

If you had to choose, would you prefer a more versatile (large "") zoom lens, or top-notch image quality with no zoom at all?want at least 10X optical with the best quality I can get with that..

What size of camera do you want? To what degree would you be willing to sacrifice other features for compactness? I would like the compact size, but I would sacrifice that for the other features I want.

What budget have you allocated for buying this camera? Please be as specific as possible. Up to $300

Do you plan to spend more on additional accessories now or in the future? (Lenses, lighting, tripods, batteries, memory cards, camera bags... it adds up!) additional battery, separate charger so I don't have to charge the battery while in the phone...my SD's should be good.

How long do you plan on keeping this new camera? 5-6 years

Usage

What will you generally use the camera for? close ups of people/pets, outdoors in the woods with deer, birds, etc, long distance shots of our eagles on the lake; video would be nice.

Are you going to photograph sports? What sport, and from how far away? no

Will you be shooting a lot of indoor photos, or other low-light photos? yes

Will you make prints, or primarily view and share images on a computer screen? If you make prints, will they typically be small (up to 57") or medium sized (810"), or are you interested in larger sizes as well? Do 8x10's for calenders, and alot of 4x6 or 5X7. I always print my own pictures.

Are you interested in spending time post-processing to make an image "perfect", or would you prefer to use images basically straight from the camera? I'd like straight from the camera, but I often touch them up using Jasc paint Shop Pro.

Miscellaneous

Are there particular lenses or technical features that are interesting or important to you? no, definately not interested in gps! I don't even understand what that is for!

Are there particular brands or models you already have in mind? no..I was looking at Sony cyber shot DSC WX 150, Nikon Coolpix S6300 and Samsung ST200F.

Thanks for your time and input...I appreciate it!