Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Hybrid View

Tanzania in the 'Emerald Season'

I'm planning now for a trip to Tanzania in April 2013... It is a photo tour, with a few fellow photographers. Nothing to do for 9 days except take photos! I'm very excited.

The Emerald season is another name for the Rainy Season though... We chose this time of year on purpose, but it will come with some gear challenges. My current gear bag is not waterproof, so I'm looking for some suggestions on a rain cover for my bag, and also a rainsuit of some kind for my camera/lens.

Does anyone have something they really like and would recommend?
    My best pics on Flickr

Follow me on Twitter: twitter.com/garysimmons
    Like me on Facebook: facebook.com/GarySimmonsPhotography

Gear: Canon 60D, Sigma 18-50 f2.8 EX DC Macro, Sigma 50-150 f2.8 EX DC II, Canon 50 f1.8, Sigma 10-20 f4-5.6 EX DC, Sigma 120-400 DG OS. 1 430EX, 1 430EXII, 1 580EXII, ST-E2, Manfrotto 190XPROB (soon to be replaced by the carbon version)
    Plus filters, wireless triggers and other junk...

Gary,

For active use I have been happy with the mostly disposable Op/Tech rainsleeves. Small and light they fit into any pocket. I have reused mine a dozen times. I never travel without them and they have been on my camera in serious downpours. I do generally use only weather sealed lenses in bad weather to begin with so my concerns are not too great.

@kgosden... I had a look at those, and they seem about perfect. I'm going to order a few. Thanks!
    My best pics on Flickr

Follow me on Twitter: twitter.com/garysimmons
    Like me on Facebook: facebook.com/GarySimmonsPhotography

Gear: Canon 60D, Sigma 18-50 f2.8 EX DC Macro, Sigma 50-150 f2.8 EX DC II, Canon 50 f1.8, Sigma 10-20 f4-5.6 EX DC, Sigma 120-400 DG OS. 1 430EX, 1 430EXII, 1 580EXII, ST-E2, Manfrotto 190XPROB (soon to be replaced by the carbon version)
    Plus filters, wireless triggers and other junk...