Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Big Backpack for traveling???

What is your recommendation for a large backpack for traveling?

Currently I have the Medium Tenba rolling backpack: http://www.tenba.com/Products/Shooto...ium-Black.aspx
    The problem is that it is not comfortable to have it on your back. It is more a rolling back. I would have something which I can carry on my back for an hour without killing me. I shoot a lot of destination weddings and the way I carry my gear is very important.

I want a backpack, which is:

- large
    - fits into most airplanes bag compartment
    - waterproof, and
    - durable.

It doesn't have to have wheels.

Can you recommend me anything?

Your link is broken, but I assume it is the "Shootout > Rolling Backpack > Shootout Rolling Backpack Medium". That holds a lot of gear. Do you fill it up? I would look at the Think Tank bags. Waterproof is going to be a challenge, unless you are just looking for a built-in rain cover, not truly dunking protection (that is what I call waterproof).

I would want to know if your goal is to carry it on your back long distances between uses or to take it on and off a lot while swapping gear? With that much gear if you are really walking a long way I would look into the more backpacking oriented bags from Clik! or F-Stop.

I am sorry! This is the link: http://www.tenba.com/Products/Shooto...ium-Black.aspx

Yes, it is the Shootout Rolling Backpack Medium.

I would like to have my camera on my back while going from one location to another one. The reason is that this way I can still take photos while on the go. I can't take photos while my hands are full!

Thanks for the recommendations!!!! I will look into Clik! and F-Stop right now!

Click sounds promising!

F-stop looks a little bit expensive. Click is my choice!

I have an F-stop Loka. It's pretty awesome, but yeah, expensive.
    Lukas

Camera: Anonymous
    I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by lovemycanon View Post
    I have the same Canon. It is cheap and durable! I love it for a one camera settings.