Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: SONY a99

Quote Originally Posted by DonSchap View Post
    I can get what I need from the a850. Sure, it doesn't make videos... but, I didn't anyway. Just 24.6 MP still images... just like the a99 does. So, I am supposed to reach into my pocket, dig deep and rake out another $3000 to produce the same thing?
    It's great you can get what you want from the a850. But don raid yourself its the same tool as the a99. Here's a bold prediction for you, the a99 will be on the top 5 of dxo marks sensors and will put 2 stops of dynamics range and 2 stops of iso on the a850. Then there's the frame rate, the AF system...yeah...all the same...lets see shall we ?
    D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

Well, my a99 comes on Tuesday so I'm told, we will see.
    I made my decision based on IQ and on ease of use and I've seen nothing to disappoint me thus far.
    I've no complaints about my a900 but the a99 looks like a big step forward in the things that interest me.

Don, you can sit on that fence sucking lemons and pouting but you will come around in the end, the a99 just looks too good.
    If not there are rumours of a 50MP FF for next year, maybe that will suit you!

Master your world

All I am asking is that they add camera system to the "pro" model. You can get a lot of the dopey standard crap out of the NEX, if that is all you need... for a lot cheaper. I am looking for complete portability to my rig. A one-hand solution, that does not need to rely on more batteries and attachments. Slim down that body and put it all (RF-trigger/ratio flash control -> menu-driven... WiFi link... and remote control -> wireless RF link) inside of it. You want my $3000? Offer me something really worth it.

The master camera.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 10-24-2012 at 10:28 AM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

lol still ranting.
    It's amusing cos we know you aren't 15 years old.
    D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

Quote Originally Posted by DonSchap View Post
    The master camera.
    One camera to rule them all, one camera to find them
    One camera to bring them all, and in the darkness blind them (from the flash, don't you know)

Hey, it's within our grasp. Carpe diem.
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Had a hold of one today, 2 thumbs up. Feels great in the hand. Swivel screen aswell...come on canikon...get with the freakin program !! And that twist knob on the front is genius. Absolutely genius. Nikon are the masters of that sort of thing but Sony sure got the jump on everyone here IMO. That's gotta be a standard thing from here on in surely.

Not convinced about the buttons on the back. Very cluttered on the right side and it didn't feel right. It's also on the ugly side. But actually so ugly I think it may grow on me in a strange way.

What a massive difference the a99 is from something like the a700. Sony have got their sh@t together right now man.
    flickr

I just want to see the "finished" version... with the pro touches inside. I want the hot shoe free of a flash trigger/ratio controller... put it inside, menu-driven... and I want the tether (wireless or even otherwise) from the PC... and then a WiFi data dump, for the "on-the-go" guy or gal.

I am glad you appreciate what they have... let's just get the rest in there.

flickr & Sdi

the a99 represents the moment sony came of age in the photography game.
    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sony-alpha-slt-a99/22

wait for dxomarks score where it will also kick ass.
    flickr

Again, just add the real bells and whistles to this system and stamp it "finished."

flickr & Sdi