Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: SONY a99

you're turned into a cliché internet troll
    D800e l V1 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l EP5 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

What, by offering a power solution that is not only practical... but reliable, too. Yes, yes... troll options.

SONY made the darn thing a power-sucker. You just stood idly by and watched.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr® & Sdi

you drop by every week and post some meaningless trolling comment repeating yourself the same subject. everyone gets the message.
    you don't like the a99...everyone gets it and no one cares. you know why no one cares ? cos no one likes trolls or spammers.
    D800e l V1 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l EP5 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

There's is nothing wrong with pointing out the truth, mate.

A lot of people are affected by negative changes to the camera system. No one is making it up, it is just a fact of business. If that is trolling, the so be it. It's definitely not my fault... and I am not going to ignore it. That's your job, apparently.

The fact is, the a99 has enormous room for improvement, be it the battery consumption, battery size, alternative power... better flash control and synchronization, remote shutter control and other sundry items to add in.

The sooner these improvements show up, the better for all of us. Yes, even you... because you will not have to expose yourself to criticism of the obvious.

"Move along... nothing to see here..." <- isn't that right?

Quote Originally Posted by Rooz View Post
    you drop by every week and post some meaningless trolling comment repeating yourself the same subject. everyone gets the message.
    Just gotta keep the ball rolling...

Name:  the ball rolling.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  16.1 KB
    Last edited by DonSchap; 05-24-2013 at 11:02 PM.
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr® & Sdi

The issue isn't what you're view is, we're all entitled to our opinion. What turns it into trolling spam is the incessant repetitive nature of your commentary. You have expressed your view on the a99, most of it is baseless garbage mind you...Get over it, stop blubbering like a schoolgirl and grow up. If you think you can do so much better with your a850 then prove it. I look forward to seeing a captain america figurine nuked by a couple of strobes.
    flickr

My contention has been that if you ALREADY have an a900/a850 FF DSLR... then waiting for the next generation of ALPHA FF camera and skipping the current a99 entirely might not be such a bad idea... and just WAIT -> hoping that SONY can get it right (with ALL the bells and whistles - yes, that means built-in RF-flash support, Wi-Fi and a better battery source) in the next iteration, plus greet the public with a more competitive price point.

Despite your argument to the contrary, Rooz... just because you may want the complaint to "just go away" does not mean ANYTHING has been solved at all. Only a commitment to quality in photography and an aggressive attempt at an enhanced re-design of the a99 will address and solve this technological shortfall properly.

Last edited by DonSchap; 05-25-2013 at 09:25 PM.

flickr® & Sdi

Yeah, we get it, you're going to skip this generation, you're not going to buy an A99. I can't believe it took 20 pages to get to here...
    A good photograph is knowing where to stand.
    Ansel Adams

Rule books are paper, they will not cushion a sudden meeting of stone and metal.
    Ernest K. Gann-Fate is the Hunter.

You know, Jim... what I don't get is why SONY would go to all the trouble to make a camera that falls this short of the technological level we have come to expect. It's a lot like the a100 compared to the a700. While the a100 worked... it was not the "finished" product/design.

Okay... may the hand-sitting begin. Migration on hold. There are plenty of "other" regular cameras on the market. You can get them on nearly any street corner. The advertisements are, literally, falling out of the magazines. SONY has dozens of "normal" cameras to pick from.

Q: How about one that has the "whole enchilada", for once? A package tailored to the "invested" photographer, not some pimple-faced kid in high school or college. I'm just askin'...
    Last edited by DonSchap; 05-26-2013 at 09:53 PM.

flickr® & Sdi

Sucked in...

First of all, I can't believe I'm getting sucked into this.

Second off, you've always been, and continue to be an arrogant fool. I find it quite amazing the condescending BS that comes off of your keyboard, if this also comes out of your mouth (and you're not hiding behind your keyboard) I'm amazed your arrogance hasn't gotten you smacked right in the kisser yet. That last line is sheer hubris, and insulting to boot. I'm not a young person, I'm nearly your age, but that last line...you're an ass, and I'd bet your fellow students in college all felt the same way.

When I compare the a99 to the a850 it equals or improves on it at every level. There is no comparison, and to top it off the a99 is a much better looking body than the a850...the a850 is just butt fugly. The idiotic, perceived shortcoming seems to be is that Sony hasn't built the Don model yet, sorry to tell you this, they aren't going to. The masses (read everyone but you) want a camera that does the basics, and moving up the basics get highly refined and more easily controlled. The basics give you the ability to take a photograph. All cameras have this. If you want fancier stuff there are plenty of third party innovators that further tailor equipment to work with the basics and produce the equipment that will make the fine basic equipment the Don, or Jim, or Rooz, or Peek, or Jr. model. Embrace it, it's the way it is. The big manufacturers don't want to get into the minutiae, that's custom, that costs money. For example: I don't use flash, that's right, I just don't use it. The basic hot shoe with ETTL works just fine for the very few times I do. If I do want to get fancy, I'll buy a controller and refine the system for my particular needs. You can do the same, so can everyone, I'm not stuck with Sony's proprietary built in flash controller that may or may not meet my needs, I can shop and get the one I want, the one that meets my needs...cool, choice!

Movie mode. Movie mode is another market for these bodies, easy to implement, and opens the door to cinematographers to have a great way of shooting HD "film" at a relatively low cost. Great lenses and HD recording for budget prices. I don't make movies, but what's being done with this equipment is exciting and fun to watch, I suggest you take a look and see what's being done by these "pimple-faced kids" (and seasoned cinematographers). Much of it blows away anything I've seen from you. Thank God for "pimply-faced" kids! I don't take movies with my camera either, I'm not smart enough, trained enough, or stupid enough to think I have any business making movies. For me it's a novelty that I just don't use...or complain about. But I can tell you this: movie mode sells cameras, and that I'm afraid is what Sony is trying to do. The Don Schap signature model would sell very few bodies. The a99 will sell a bunch.

Get off your high horse, get over yourself, and get out and take some photographs...at least try to use that degree, although I have the feeling much of that education was lost on you as the whole time you believed you knew more than those trying to teach you something.
    Last edited by TenD; 05-26-2013 at 11:11 PM.
    A good photograph is knowing where to stand.
    Ansel Adams

Rule books are paper, they will not cushion a sudden meeting of stone and metal.
    Ernest K. Gann-Fate is the Hunter.

Jim,

You're right. What was I thinking? I guess since I drifted out of the age of acne, my thought process has become muddled and errant. I so miss my Clearasil® days. The days of being obnoxiously ignorant and of the belief that I knew it all.

Thanks for refocusing my reflections on things. Considering the rampant disinterest I had witnessed as I attended school, over the past four years... I find myself wondering... WHAT? What in the heck are you hinging this viewpoint on? Left to their own ends, I really do not see much of anything getting done by the current crop of students. It is embarrassing to witness... and you can criticize my efforts any way you wish, but that is not going to change anything in regards to the limited output this bunch is NOT up to.

Personally, it matters not how many silly/simple cameras SONY throws at these "young folk"... they appear unphased by any of it. Oh sure, there many be a few dozen "interested" children, but the rest... too busy with smart phone photography and social networking nonsense to care about the nuances of serious SLR-type imagery. The real shutter-snobs are still not getting what they desire... and I suspect, once they leave... you can just reach in and shut off the lights. The real party's over.

Let's look at a serious, yet foolish statistic:

"How about some more ... ed-ja-macation"
    Started by DonSchap, 10-26-2009 03:07 PM
    pages 1, 2, 3... 84

Replies: 835
    Views: 126,190

I did something with my education, Jim. I actually shared it. Perhaps one of the MOST READ efforts on this little forum, aside from POTD. Find that anywhere else. I double-dog dare ya!
    Last edited by DonSchap; 05-27-2013 at 03:18 AM.

flickr® & Sdi