Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: SONY a99

Oh it's at dyxum. Well why didn't you say so? All sorted. That is the centre of camera intelligence and photographic expertise. lol

What, with probably a dozen or so people asking for such a feature and writing the camera off if it doesn't have it. And out of those dozen there would probably be what...2 people that would actually buy the camera. It would certainly be high on the Sony exec list of things to do considering that sort of huge demand. A dozen...whoa...make or break stuff. lol

Oh...and you actually can't get the same result. The a99 sensor is miles in front of the a850.

Great stuff Don. Keep up the good work !
    D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

Well.. I don't make movies... I like all the light I can get... and flash timing is important to me. $3000 better off in my pocket. I think I'll just get a little more mileage out of my a850, until things go my way. There some nice optics, out there, for $3000.

But, if I do start making movies... or the price comes down to $2000, I may find it worth the time.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 01-22-2013 at 08:20 PM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Quote Originally Posted by DonSchap View Post
    Well.. I don't make movies... I like all the light I can get... and flash timing is important to me. $3000 better off in my pocket. I think I'll just get a little more mileage out of my a850, until things go my way. There some nice optics, out there, for $3000.

But, if I do start making movies... or the price comes down to $2000, I may find it worth the time.
    Well that's a far different context now isn't it ? What YOU do and don't do.

I'm not suggesting what your saying isn't valid, everyone's opinion is. All I'm saying is that from a market perspective, which is what drives change, what you want is about as close to irrelevant as it gets. There just isn't a broad demand for it from anyone bar a few forum members across the Internet.
    D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

I just found out that SONY is planning on releasing FF "E" mount Zeiss glass. That is a turn of direction and investment that cannot be ignored. I suspect we are seeing the end of the true "Alpha" mount glass, in preference to mirrorless "NEX" lensing, over the next two years. Any idea of investing in the a99 may be a mistake from the get go. I have less and less motivation to do this... and that is, indeed, disheartening.

Time marches on...
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Another great move from Sony. Just like the RX1. Brilliant stuff.
    flickr

Still, wouldn't you just love the "correct still-image solution" in your little grubbies? I mean, just once? Not some marketing experiment.

Mate... that would be a day.

flickr & Sdi

Still, wouldn't you just love the "correct still-image solution" in your little grubbies? I mean, just once? Not some marketing experiment.

Mate... that would be a day.
    There is no such thing. Mass produced cameras will never be perfect to every individual. I currently have the best imaging device on the planet and its not perfect. But I'll tell you this for nothing, it exceeds my capability by about 10,000%.

Sony is on the right path here and should be applauded for their work. They currently hold something like 7 of the top 10 performing STILL IMAGE sensors ever produced. It's such a vast improvement from the clunky a900/850, a world away from the grossly overrated a700 and in another galaxy from the laughable a100. All cameras that undeservingly won your acclaim and praise.

Yep, Sony is finally producing what they promised they would.
    flickr

I know your game, mate, but I am not buying into SONY's new approach to classic photography. I know what I want in my camera and it is STILL not there. I thought I made that clear. Let me check, again... ("Final Jeopardy" tune plays in the background). Yep, I did.

I, honestly, have no idea why they continue to avoid adding the biggest piece (RF, if it slipped your noodle) to augment flash and remote photography. To me, it is the correct, no-brainer. YOU JUST DO IT. They didn't. So... no sale.

flickr & Sdi

I know your game, mate, but I am not buying into SONY's new approach to classic photography. I know what I want in my camera and it is STILL not there. I thought I made that clear. Let me check, again... ("Final Jeopardy" tune plays in the background). Yep, I did.
    What's my game ? What did I say that was incorrect And what the heck is classic photography ? lol

I'm not questioning what you want. I'm debating the impact that it has on the overall appeal of the camera itself or the obstacles it presents to the photographer on a broader scale. The answer to that is that it has pretty much zero effect on its appeal to 99.9% pf photographers and it presents pretty much zero obstacle to 99.9% of the broader market.

I, honestly, have no idea why they continue to avoid adding the biggest piece (RF, if it slipped your noodle) to augment flash and remote photography. To me, it is the correct, no-brainer. YOU JUST DO IT. They didn't. So... no sale.
    The answer is very simple. its not that big a piece.
    Meh....so they lose one sale. I'm sure they're quaking in their boots. lol
    flickr

Entertaining as always.

Sony is making some brilliant moves. I'm actually starting to believe in Sony as a serious imaging company.
    A good photograph is knowing where to stand.
    Ansel Adams

Rule books are paper, they will not cushion a sudden meeting of stone and metal.
    Ernest K. Gann-Fate is the Hunter.