Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

NEF issue in CS4 Help?

Name:  ps4.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  144.9 KB
    In the attached picture is the message I keep getting when trying to open my photos up on CS4 in NEF (Raw) form. I have tried updating CS4, deleting and uploading again. Only thing I have yet to do is format the memory card I have the pictures on. Is there a way to fix this without losing my pictures cause unless I am able to convert them they are useless to me. They are vacation pictures of my family so I would really like to not lose them. I've even tried opening them in Elements and Lightroom and I still get the same message. Help?

First I thought you haven't updated CS4 to get all the properties for RAW images. But you did. And if that doesn't work in Element and Lightroom I'm at a loss too. You can send one of your NEF file to me, either in private message or email, and I can try here so just to see whether it's your file or software.
    Nikon D90, D80
    Nikkor 16-85mm AF-S DX F/3.5-5.6G ED VR, Tamron SP AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) macro, Nikkor 50mm F/1.4D, Nikkor 50mm F/1.8D, Nikkor AF-S VR 70-300mm F/4.5-5.6G IF-ED, Sigma 105mm F/2.8 EX DG Macro ||| 2x SB800 | SB600 ||| Manfrotto 190XB

Quote Originally Posted by tim11 View Post
    First I thought you haven't updated CS4 to get all the properties for RAW images. But you did. And if that doesn't work in Element and Lightroom I'm at a loss too. You can send one of your NEF file to me, either in private message or email, and I can try here so just to see whether it's your file or software.
    Will do thanks!

Sent you an email.

Is there a way to fix this without losing my pictures cause unless I am able to convert them they are useless to me.
    Have you tried opening them in any other software?

DMeyers,
    Just as I suspected, your camera D3200 is new and Adobe hasn't come up with the patch for RAW yet.
    I can view on both ViewNX and Capture NX but I have to update to the latest patch as well. I sent you a JPG conversion. Your images are all safe in there.
    Nikon D90, D80
    Nikkor 16-85mm AF-S DX F/3.5-5.6G ED VR, Tamron SP AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) macro, Nikkor 50mm F/1.4D, Nikkor 50mm F/1.8D, Nikkor AF-S VR 70-300mm F/4.5-5.6G IF-ED, Sigma 105mm F/2.8 EX DG Macro ||| 2x SB800 | SB600 ||| Manfrotto 190XB