Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Stop exposure bracketing on Panasonic GF3

I bought a Panasonic GF3 on sale at Best Buy. When I take photos it varies the exposure. If I take 3 photos one will be +2/3, one will be -2/3, and one will be +0. However, I don't want exposure bracketing like that. I want all my photos to have the same exposure, either +0 or whatever value I set it to.

Is there a way I can change it so the exposure is always whatever I set it to? I looked in the manual but don't see it.
    Olympus E-PL1 with 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 lens. Canon 300HS, Fuji F70, Panasonic ZS15.

According to a review on this page http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/pa.../look-and-feel
    Under that is the four-way controller, which has a control dial around it. The controller is quite small, and it's quite easy to accidentally press it in the wrong direction. The control dial, which has moved since the GF2, is used for adjusting exposure settings and navigating menus. The four-way controller does all that and more, and also serves as direct buttons for these functions:

It says: "Down - Drive (Single-shot, continuous, auto bracket, self-timer)". So I may have pressed the down button and am in auto bracket. I will try resetting to single shot tonight. Thanks!
    Olympus E-PL1 with 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 lens. Canon 300HS, Fuji F70, Panasonic ZS15.

Yes that was it. The down button is the Drive button and I had it set on Auto Bracket. I changed it to Single Shot. Thanks again.

Wow the user manual doesn't explain this well. It only mentions it once (pg 9) and all it says is:

14 Cursor buttons
    3/Exposure Compensation button
    1/WB (White Balance)
    2/AF Mode button
    4/[DRIVE MODE] button
    This button in picture record mode will allow the
    user to select between the following options.
    Single/Burst/Auto bracket/Self-timer

The dcresource review covers it better:

"Down - Drive (Single-shot, continuous, auto bracket, self-timer)"

"The other drive option worth a mention is exposure bracketing, which can take three or five shots in a row, each with a different exposure value. The interval between each exposure can be 1/3EV or 2/3EV. This is an easy way to ensure proper exposure, which is why I use it when I take all of my sample photos!"

Glad it is sorted; thanks to Jeff's in depth review.

I suppose there are so many functions on cameras these days they do not spend to long on any one.