Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Sony HX5 problem

Hi,
    I have a Sony HX5 for two years now. Although not an DSLR or ILC, I like using this little camera from time to time, because it is so small and light while still having all the zoom.

But this last year the zoom rocker starts to behave erratic. It doesn't react, or too late, or waits and goes from wide all the way to tele or the other way around. I have missed so many shots because of that, it is very annoying! I am starting to think of buying a new camera because of this.

Otherwise the camera just suits me, it's a shame. So is it really neccesary to buy a new camera, or is there a way around this? Should I install new firmware, for example (I have ver.02)?

Perhaps one of you guys knows how to fix this, I hope so.

Thanks in advance

I'm guessing that it's a mechanical problem with the rocker, not something that firmware will help. You can contact Sony or the place you bought it to see if they'll take care of you for free or little money. Beyond that, you will have to live with it or get a new camera. Fortunately there are lots of models that will do what your HX5 currently does.

Quote Originally Posted by David Metsky View Post
    I'm guessing that it's a mechanical problem with the rocker, not something that firmware will help. You can contact Sony or the place you bought it to see if they'll take care of you for free or little money. Beyond that, you will have to live with it or get a new camera. Fortunately there are lots of models that will do what your HX5 currently does.
    It is just that I read a lot of reviews stating that their Sony camera was unresponsive. This seems like a Sony problem, that is why I asked.
    I am not sure it is a hardware problem..., perhaps I should use the camera more .