Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

can someone tell me

I have been having trouble with this A65 ever since i bought it .Had power issues then stated draining even when off . Had it exchanged then noticed on this one and my new 70-400g just didn't look right so sent it back ,it was back focusing and now the images look strange and not clear .I had these taken aperture priority 1/125 5 feet away from the batteries and spot metering and spot focusing at a 10 second time delay on a tripod . I focused on the d on the center batterie .
    first image back focusing the second is not clear and isn't spot focused if you ask me maybe someone can tell me whats going on...... Sonys support give me the run around.Name:  _DSC0206_edited-1.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  138.3 KBName:  _DSC0221_edited-1.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  206.2 KB

AFAIK both images are backfocused. At that distance your DOF in front of the focal plane is not much more than 1" so you will see any focus issues.
    You could have purchased the A77 which has the Micro Adjust AF designed to fine tune the focus of each lens.
    You could send both the camera and lens to Sony and have them matched up but that will cause problems with other lenses.
    Of course, it's quite easy to focus the A65 manually using peaking or magnify to assist.

I just got it back 2 weeks ago . the first picture was the problem they said they fixed it and now the second picture is after they said they fix it. Now they are telling me to send it back again. I have had this camera in the shop going to be 3 times in 6 months. I think once they fix the problem i'm going to sell off my sony stuff.

Had what back, the lens or the camera or did you send both?

If it were me... I would get my hands on a "second" a65 and shoot a 'comparative shot' with it. That way you could see if it were a camera "class" issue or even the lens.

Heck, you might even consider including a test with an a77 and see what turns out with all three. It would answer a lot of questions and save a grunch of expen$ive
    shipping nonsense, which all manufacturers know slows down a lot of "returns" and the "they'll live with it" factor comes into play.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi