Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Compat P&S with good video - SX260HS vs. ZS20

Hello,
    I want to upgrade my video capturing but without carrying a third camera (currently packing Canon 350d & Pana TZ3). My compromise is to upgrade the old TZ3 to a newer version of P&S with HD video. The camera is used for indoor/outdoor family pictures. Delay between pictures, especially while using flash, is important to me.
    My budget will be up to 400$. My current options are SX260HS vs. the ZS20 (I tend to stick to brands I'm familiar with).
    I would appreciate any insight on these two, as well as other ideas.
    Last edited by Ronwolch; 05-05-2012 at 07:57 AM.

If you are really serious about video then get a dedicated video camera (and drop one of your others)! All compacts will be compromised in video quality and handling by comparison to a dedicated video camera. I suggest you look at the Panasonic HDC-SD900 as the price is dropping now the new model is out.

Quote Originally Posted by XMB View Post
    If you are really serious about video then get a dedicated video camera (and drop one of your others)! All compacts will be compromised in video quality and handling by comparison to a dedicated video camera. I suggest you look at the Panasonic HDC-SD900 as the price is dropping now the new model is out.
    Thanks for the reply.
    Well, I won't be involved in heavy movie editing, and my budget is 400$ max. The camcorders at that range did not strike me as significantly superior to a current model p&s. Ditching my p&s is not an option because I will not carry an SLR to the playground.
    Both models shoot at 1080i, either 60 or 24fps. Will any of the models I'm considering be such a huge compromise?