Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Jeff's review on DPReview

Jeff just thought I'd congratulate you on whatever deal you did with DPReview to get your TS20 review on their site. If that gives you the extra income you need to keep this site going good on yer I'm all for it.
    Around every picture there's a corner & round every corner there's a picture
    - the fun's in finding them

Quote Originally Posted by Phill D View Post
    Jeff just thought I'd congratulate you on whatever deal you did with DPReview to get your TS20 review on their site. If that gives you the extra income you need to keep this site going good on yer I'm all for it.
    Thanks! They will be syndicating quite a few of my compact camera reviews for the foreseeable future. Some of my reviews (like the Nikon D3200) will not be going over there, since they're writing their own. I'm certainly not getting rich from this deal, but it will hopefully keep me afloat for a while.
    Jeff Keller
    Founder/Editor, Digital Camera Resource Page

That's good I'm glad you are still doing some just for here as well. The comments on your DPR review were pretty favourable from what I saw. Any chance you'll be doing an Olympus OMD EM-5 review in the near future?
    Around every picture there's a corner & round every corner there's a picture
    - the fun's in finding them

I too would like to congratulate your on your review of the compact Panny ultra zoom over at DPR! I'm pleased to see the vast majority of their readers feel the same. Jeff, I know you've been a little discouraged at times over the last few years with the way some things went but as some of us told you consistently, you are valued by many. I'm glad the folks over at DPR largely feel the same. I posted in support of you over there as well (under a different username than here). I hope DPR in time posts a prominently placed link to your own site right here . . . it's only right. Job well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill D View Post
    That's good I'm glad you are still doing some just for here as well. The comments on your DPR review were pretty favourable from what I saw. Any chance you'll be doing an Olympus OMD EM-5 review in the near future?
    As soon as Olympus gets off their collective behinds and sends me one, yes.
    Jeff Keller

Jeff, many of your photos from the Sony HX200V are better than the ratings you gave it. I like this camera and I intend to become good enough with it, to show its best side. You're still the best reviewer I know, but we disagree somewhat about this model. Have you read that litany of anti-fanboyz who posted replies after the review on DPreview? Such vitriolic excesses. I wonder if any of them ever actually used this camera or really had any interest in it?

Regards,
    Steve McDonald

Quote Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
    Jeff, many of your photos from the Sony HX200V are better than the ratings you gave it. I like this camera and I intend to become good enough with it, to show its best side. You're still the best reviewer I know, but we disagree somewhat about this model. Have you read that litany of anti-fanboyz who posted replies after the review on DPreview? Such vitriolic excesses. I wonder if any of them ever actually used this camera or really had any interest in it?

Regards,
    Steve McDonald
    Eh, it's the usual **** waving that goes on all the time on DPR. It's mostly people who don't own the camera complaining, since they seem to enjoy it. I don't think the IQ is great at a 100% level but for what most people are doing with the images, it's good enough.
    Jeff Keller