Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Hybrid View

Fingerprints on SLT-A35 LCD screen

I bought a SLT-A35 camera a while ago and I have now noticed that there are a lot of fingerprints on the LCD screen. How can I safely clean the screen without damaging or scratching it? Does LensPen Screenklean work or is there some other method? I tried with a micro fiber cloth but it didn't remove the grease at all.

I have a similar problem with my a65. I just use a cleaning cloth (similar to ones you get in cleaning kits off of eBay, Amazon etc.) and wipe firmly, across the screen a few times.

You could always invest in a screen protector - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-PCK-LH7.../dp/B0058D2KNE
    There's various other ones online that do the same thing, but of course, it's best in the long run to go with Sony gear. Even if it is a screen protector.

I finally bought a LensPen DigiKlear cleaning pen. This worked quite well and didn't leave any fingerprints on the screen. Some carbon dust was left on the screen from the cleaning pen but that was easy to clean with the microfiber cloth.

I also ordered the LCD screen protector from Sony's webstore because I didn't find it in the local stores.