Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Got it! Proud new owner of the SLT-a65.

I made the purchase of the a65 yesterday and got it with the 18-55mm kit lens as I sold my one with my (now old) a230.
    I took it out for the first time today and here's what I got. I'm loving the selective colour modes on it at the moment (much easier than post processing), although I've still got a lot to explore!

Name:  _DSC0136.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  1.53 MB
    Name:  _DSC0141.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  2.76 MB
    Name:  _DSC0142.JPG
Views: 252
Size:  2.78 MB
    Name:  _DSC0219.JPG
Views: 289
Size:  3.00 MB

A new rig...

Time to celebrate with a flurry of weird and exotic imaging. Take that α65 out for a drive and capture the colors of your world!

Good luck... and most of all, enjoy!
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Thanks Don!

Having taken it out for a 'drive' I found myself constantly forgetting what was at my disposal. Only when I got home did I realise what panoramic opportunities I missed.

I cannot believe the step up in class from my ol' reliable a230.

Try to bear in mind...

Never forget that despite the gimmickry that might obfuscate your camera, good photographic skills are usually paramount in obtaining the best result. Think AHEAD in your shooting and your planning will usually pay off in spades.

Again... push through the shots and see how this puppy plays with just the regular, non-exotic imagery.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Yep, congrats Jacko, I doubt you'll regret your purchase.

In camera selective colour is Ok but once it's cooked there's no going back; best in PP.

One bit of gimmicry you may find Ok is Multi shot highISo (found in the ISO menu).

Now go buy Gary Friedman's book on the a65 lots of great tips.one is merging multiple shots to reduce noise all in camera.