Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

'Understanding Exposure' - Bryan Peterson

I purchased this book from Amazon for 12 ($16) and I have to say it's the best 12 I've ever spent. It's really helped me to understand how exposure works, i.e the photographic triangle, creatively correct exposures and so on...

I highly recommend this book to anyone wanting to step out of using Auto Exposure mode and begin to take pictures how YOU want to and now how the camera's sensor tells you to.

So yeah, I'm not plugging this guy's book or anything I just really think others should have the benefits I've had from this book.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Understandin...8033228&sr=1-1 - UK

http://www.amazon.com/Understanding-...8033228&sr=1-1 - US

Yes it's a good book. You can actually see Mr Peterson on youtube as he's also done several interesting videos.
    Around every picture there's a corner & round every corner there's a picture
    - the fun's in finding them

I'm not plugging it either, but I love this book. I also highly recommend it.

Based on what I've seen on photography forums over the years, it's one of the most widely recommended photography books around (and justifiably so!)
    James
    Nikon D700, D7000, D40
    Nikkor 70-200VRII 2.8; 17-55 2.8; 70-300VR; 18-105VR; 35 1.8G; 60 2.8G; 85 1.4D; 85 1.8D; Sigma 10-20

I wish I'd known about it earlier! haha

I received it...

I received it as a gift, from my former manager. After reading it, my life changed... I saw the light!

(testimony obtained by serious coercion)
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

I find some of the exercises in the book brilliant! The fact that he shows you how to conduct the things he's 'teaching' you (and makes the book so personal) is a real plus. I'm yet to try the whole oil and water thing yet though.