Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Nex7 sweep panoramic options

Does the Nex 7 have the same option that some of Sony's point and shoot cameras have allow the camera to shoot a horizontal panoramic photograph with the camera in the vertical orientation? In these cameras the image is not as long and skinny as when a horizontal pano image is taken with the camera in the horizontal position.

You might want to take this question to the DYXUM.COM forum. I cannot remember the last NEX 7 shooter on this one.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

The NEX-7 does provide this function; I doubt that any current/future Sony camera will not offer it.

Panorama size:Max. degrees of sweep angle(focal length 16mm/18mm)
    Wide: horizontal 12416 x 1856 (23M), vertical 5536 x 2160 (12M), Standard: horizontal 8192 x 1856 (15M), vertical 3872 x 2160 (8.4M)

Of course, there is a lot of processing going on and you do lose resolution.

Thanks for the help.

OK, whenever I tried to ask that question to a Sony customer service representative either I couldn't explain what I wanted to do, or they have not been fully trained in some of the camera's operations. The only place near where I live to try this out (and they only have the Nex 5 right now) is a Best Buy. Many times the display cameras have power, but without memory cards they don't actually let one play with them in any meaningful way. Thanks, again.

I think the A65 and A77 have it but i find it not that useful