Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

looking for super wide angle

I am wondering if some people here could give me a opinion on a good super wide angle lens to buy . The reviews out there are not much help some say one is good and then the next guy says it bad. I am looking for one in the 300 to 500 price range and is solid and sharp. Thank you .

UWA Zoom

I have several UWA lenses, and I have one that does not get much use, anymore, since I went to full frame. It is the "APS-C only" SIGMA 10-20mm f/3.5-4.5 DC EX. It is a superior lens and provided me with this 10mm (effectively 15mm on an APS-C sensor) shot of the Air Force Academy's Cadet Chapel roof.

Name:  USAFA-Chapel-roof-(1024-wide).jpg
Views: 256
Size:  463.7 KB

If you are interested... it was "tuned" up by SIGMA, when I first bought it and is one of the sharpest UWAs. You will not get this kind of performance out of a new lens.

Let me know. I can probably get it to you by Christmas, if you hurry.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Don i PM you i am interested .

Quote Originally Posted by ericst11 View Post
    Don i PM you i am interested .
    Okay... let's chat
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

I love my 16mm minolta af fisheye

on the a900 it is great
    Attached Images Attached Images